#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hey guys,

Lately I've had the idea to switch our code to DLL only. That would mean we would no longer include the QVM files and you would be able to run our Mod by DLLs/SOs only.

With this the Mod would gain a lot of speed and we could include new and more exciting things. I remember a lot of suggestions coming from users where I replied this would only be possible if we ran the Mod using native libaries. The downside is that a lot will have to be re-written for DLL use only and it would probably contain some bugs here and there during the switch.

So my idea was to do this after the 0.60 release, and focus on switching to native DLLs completely for the 0.61 release. Who here is positive of this idea? Share your thoughts!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 fantasm0

fantasm0

BETA Tester

• BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 03 May 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

With this the Mod would gain a lot of speed and we could include new and more exciting things. I remember a lot of suggestions coming from users where I replied this would only be possible if we ran the Mod using native libaries. The downside is that a lot will have to be re-written for DLL use only and it would probably contain some bugs here and there during the switch.

Better speed and some more advantages are awesome, but could you give an example of something wich can only be included with dll ?

Edited by fantasm0, 03 May 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I agree with you Aj, running a server on a dll, is a great idea though, as you said it will gain speed some speed as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#4 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postfantasm0, on 03 May 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Better speed and some more advantages are awesome, but could you give an example of something wich can only be included with dll ?

Updated Auto download system, which could possibly fix the exploit and come with speed improvements.

And perhaps the LUA enhancement, so that developers can create their own scripts upon 1fx. Mod. Which would be awesome.

View PostShoke, on 03 May 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I agree with you Aj, running a server on a dll, is a great idea though, as you said it will gain speed some speed as well.

Yeah, let's hope we can get it running stable.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#5 Comu

Comu

BETA Tester

• BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

If you'd get the auto download system working and fix the exploit - awesome!
Developers could make their own scripts (gametypes?) - awesome!
more speed - awesome!
takes time to convert -  awfull!

well, i think you know what has the most yes's :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users