Jump to content


Cross the Bridge!


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

This is a VERY old idea, that I want to finish because it's still a very good idea imo.

I had this idea when we first started building 1fx. Hide&Seek for Gold, and we developed it when we moved back to 1.00. However, due to 1fx. H&S (both the Mod and server) not being a success, we never got to finishing this mini game.

When we ported the H&S features from 1fx. Hide&Seek to 1fx. Mod, this idea was copied as well, but left alone. I'm now looking to finish this mini game, since I re-call a lot of people being very positive about it.


Luckily, to explain this mini game, I found the old images I used on the old RSI forums.

Hiders - The goal

Hiders must cross the bridge within two minutes.

How?

There are three platforms we use in this game. The first is the "starter platform" where all the hiders spawn, as shown here:
1.png

Hiders are spawned in and around the house, as shown here:
footage1.png

As soon as the hider teleports, they will be spawned around the house on the "main platform". This is the platform with the bridge. Reach the other side of the bridge, and you will be in safety:
con2.png

Seekers will try to make sure you don't get to the other side of the bridge. To increase your chances of succeeding, you will be equipped with smokes to block the seekers their view.

Seekers - The goal

Seekers must make sure hiders will not reach the other end of the bridge to teleport into safety.

How?

Seekers are spawned in choppers that are located above the bridge, as shown here:
footage4.png

To kill hiders that are crossing the bridge, you are given an AK74 with sufficient ammo to last the round (without spraying though).

One seeker, picked at random, will be placed in a tower somewhere far off the bridge:
con1.png

This seeker will be equipped with a sniper rifle that, obviously, does more damage then the AK74s of other seekers do.

The Suggestion/To-Do list
This game is far from finished, and there are some things that must be done before it's truly balanced. I was thinking of the following:
  • The sniper rifle only does 75 damage at the moment, a gib would be more fair since it's very difficult to aim from such a location (especially if many hiders deploy smokes).
  • Hiders can throw smokes on the helicopter, causing seekers to be totally blind. It would be more fair if this wouldn't be possible.
  • The scoreboard could be altered to show the hider that crossed the bridge the fastest instead of the one that won most rounds (?)
  • More spawnpoints around the house on the bridge (that hiders are teleported to), to reduce telefrag and add more randomness.
  • /howto command.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 Shoke

Shoke

    1fx. Douchebag

  • 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

as i already mentoined in previous topic it's a great idea, i like the suggestion as well!
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#3 PoOoCe

PoOoCe

    Advanced Member

  • Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationisreal

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

nice idea, but how you planning to keep the seekers above the bridge?
Posted Image

#4 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

I've coded that seekers cannot move, only lean and shoot.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#5 Stoppbiel

Stoppbiel

    GOD

  • Moderators
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationSuriname

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

a seek with m60 in middle would be funny

#6 Cortez

Cortez

    1fx. Member / BETA Tester

  • 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationHOLLAND

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

But when the hiders are at the other side of the bridge, does the round end or what's the idea behind that?

And can't the scoreboard show the time a hider has made it to the other side AND show the points it has (1pt for reaching the other side?) Would be more detailled and cool.

Quote

BECAUSE FUCK YOU. THAT'S WHY.

#7 magikzz

magikzz

    Advanced Member

  • Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Looks nice. I whould like to see this when it is finshed.

#8 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

i made a cross the bridge with the sun once never really used it but it works and the idea is the same except seekers still have knifes and they can move :P i think it's more a h&s minigame this way still stunning etc but idk will it be a minigame fitting h&s or all round?

#9 PoOoCe

PoOoCe

    Advanced Member

  • Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationisreal

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 09 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

I've coded that seekers cannot move, only lean and shoot.
it will be nice if the copters will move around so the hiders have better chance, they will move around in loop.
Posted Image

#10 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostStoppbiel, on 09 October 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

a seek with m60 in middle would be funny

Cool idea, but will it be too powerful? Seekers already have a massive advantage with the gibbing Sniper (and more ammo in the AK74). We could always give it a test.

View PostCortez, on 09 October 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

But when the hiders are at the other side of the bridge, does the round end or what's the idea behind that?

And can't the scoreboard show the time a hider has made it to the other side AND show the points it has (1pt for reaching the other side?) Would be more detailled and cool.

Hiders that made it to the other side will have to wait until the round's over (on a "safe platform"). I think now this will be a bit lame if everybody has to wait a minute when everybody crossed the bridge within the timelimit. Maybe an idea to end the round if every hider has successfully crossed the bridge and there's still time left?

As for the scoreboard idea.. Nice, I think I'll just show both points and time (I'd like to keep the top seekers on there as well).

View Postfantasm0, on 09 October 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

i made a cross the bridge with the sun once never really used it but it works and the idea is the same except seekers still have knifes and they can move :P i think it's more a h&s minigame this way still stunning etc but idk will it be a minigame fitting h&s or all round?

Only H&S, if that's what you mean.

View PostPoOoCe, on 09 October 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

it will be nice if the copters will move around so the hiders have better chance, they will move around in loop.

I think this will be very frustrating for seekers if you have to shoot while moving. I prefer static copters, and I think most people agree with me on this.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#11 Usdrama

Usdrama

    Elite 1fx. Member

  • Elite 1fx. Members
  • 438 posts
  • Location~~*SkyHigh*~~

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Just a suggestion, but what if there was a X amount of hiders needed to end the round..?

For example:
You got 4 seekers and 16 hiders.
And when 10 hiders have made it across the bridge the round ends.

That way you'll bring a little teamwork into the game, like when 8 hiders are on the safe platform and 2 more are needed to win/end the round, you'll have the remaining 8 working together to get the last 2 across the bridge.

What do you guys think about that?

Posted Image

Posted Image


#12 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Excellent thinking there, except that I don't really know how they could work together to get the remaining ones across the bridge as they're very far away from the bridge (they get teleported into safety when making it). Any ideas?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#13 Usdrama

Usdrama

    Elite 1fx. Member

  • Elite 1fx. Members
  • 438 posts
  • Location~~*SkyHigh*~~

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

The safe ones could help, though I haven't thought about how they could yet :P

What I was talking about are the remaining 8 still on the bridge.
So the remaining 8 that are still playing should help each other to get the last 2 across to win the round. Like helping each other over little obstacles such as, walls/fences/no-touch zones.

So in this case 10 hiders across would result in a win.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#14 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Ah I see what you mean now.

Though I also have no idea how they could. That would indeed require fences or other obstacles or so, so that they would have to work together..

I might have an idea, what about two spots that would have to be occupied for a secret booster to appear. Only if the two spots are "filled" with hiders, the booster could give one hider a push into the right direction (or possibly all the way to the other side(?)). After the booster has boosted a single person, a cool down will appear.

I don't know, far shot here, what do you think about it?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#15 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Oh and on another side note. I've just made some changes to the map, the three teleporters are replaced by a blocker teleport, meaning it's a massive invisible wall now hiders have to hit. This makes sure seekers can't spray on one spot.

I also added a nolower entity, I saw it wasn't even added yet. :facepalm:
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#16 PoOoCe

PoOoCe

    Advanced Member

  • Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationisreal

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Lol i think i got drama answer.. you can put 1 seeker with most score in middel when there are more then 8 - 10 hiders (the copter in the middle will show up only when there are more than 8 - 10 hiders) and the seeker got grenade, like you did in h&s with fire, that making the hiders / seekers lower speed, same here only seeker got the grenade, but the hiders got 1 smoke grenade using for hiding shots (the grenade will be random give).

i that slove the problem, dont you think?
Posted Image

#17 Usdrama

Usdrama

    Elite 1fx. Member

  • Elite 1fx. Members
  • 438 posts
  • Location~~*SkyHigh*~~

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 11 October 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Ah I see what you mean now.

Though I also have no idea how they could. That would indeed require fences or other obstacles or so, so that they would have to work together..

I might have an idea, what about two spots that would have to be occupied for a secret booster to appear. Only if the two spots are "filled" with hiders, the booster could give one hider a push into the right direction (or possibly all the way to the other side(?)). After the booster has boosted a single person, a cool down will appear.

I don't know, far shot here, what do you think about it?

You mean something like a hidden panel when two hiders occupy the given spots? Sounds pretty cool, involves more teamwork. Like the idea :D

View PostPoOoCe, on 12 October 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Lol i think i got drama answer.. you can put 1 seeker with most score in middel when there are more then 8 - 10 hiders (the copter in the middle will show up only when there are more than 8 - 10 hiders) and the seeker got grenade, like you did in h&s with fire, that making the hiders / seekers lower speed, same here only seeker got the grenade, but the hiders got 1 smoke grenade using for hiding shots (the grenade will be random give).

i that slove the problem, dont you think?

Slowing them down with firenades could work, though I'd give them more smokenades seeing as it's quite a walk across the bridge :P

Posted Image

Posted Image


#18 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

I went with the more smoke nades idea, hiders start with 4 now.

Other changes as of today:
- Added new check for Cross The Bridge in Entity File ("minigame" "ctb" in worldspawn class).
- Fixed hiders being able to smoke the choppers in Cross The Bridge: http://www.zimagez.c...12-020932pm.php
- Removed g_crossTheBridge CVAR.

Hope you guys like the changes, we need a field test relatively soon!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#19 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 14 October 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I went with the more smoke nades idea, hiders start with 4 now.

Other changes as of today:
- Added new check for Cross The Bridge in Entity File ("minigame" "ctb" in worldspawn class).
- Fixed hiders being able to smoke the choppers in Cross The Bridge: http://www.zimagez.c...12-020932pm.php
- Removed g_crossTheBridge CVAR.

Hope you guys like the changes, we need a field test relatively soon!

test open for everyone? :D

#20 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Don't know when, just hop in when you see a server named "Boe Test". ;)
Kind regards,

BoeMan




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users