Jump to content


Cross the Bridge!


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Stoppbiel

Stoppbiel

    GOD

  • Moderators
  • 1468 posts
  • LocationSuriname

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I've not totally read the replies about the: 'hiders ability to help the hiders that are still in the danger zone,'  but I thought of the following about it: if you for example start with 20 hiders then a broadcast will appear that 10 hiders have to pass the bridge alive (taking 50 percent as example). If maybe 5 hiders or something made it into the safe zone they will be able to stand on certain spots, I'll take 4 spots as example for now. These 5 hiders that made it across will have to choose one of these spots to stand on with everybody which activates a 'Smoke Trigger' on a place in danger zone. Every spot in the safe zone could represents a seeker's spawn or just an area in the danger field. If a spot gets triggered by the hiders then one of the seeker's spawn or an area in the field will be blinded/smoked/covered for x seconds. Anyway I think it's something we have to field test in order to refine this.

Idea #2: The hiders that made it across the bridge will be spawned as Henkcopters so they can troll the seekers.

Also to make it a bit more difficult for the hiders you could put some obstacles in that randomly gets spawned, so you can make not one wall that could spawn, but 10 of them. Some h&s server use(d) those random obstacles in maps.

#22 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostStoppbiel, on 14 October 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I've not totally read the replies about the: 'hiders ability to help the hiders that are still in the danger zone,'  but I thought of the following about it: if you for example start with 20 hiders then a broadcast will appear that 10 hiders have to pass the bridge alive (taking 50 percent as example). If maybe 5 hiders or something made it into the safe zone they will be able to stand on certain spots, I'll take 4 spots as example for now. These 5 hiders that made it across will have to choose one of these spots to stand on with everybody which activates a 'Smoke Trigger' on a place in danger zone. Every spot in the safe zone could represents a seeker's spawn or just an area in the danger field. If a spot gets triggered by the hiders then one of the seeker's spawn or an area in the field will be blinded/smoked/covered for x seconds. Anyway I think it's something we have to field test in order to refine this.

Idea #2: The hiders that made it across the bridge will be spawned as Henkcopters so they can troll the seekers.

Also to make it a bit more difficult for the hiders you could put some obstacles in that randomly gets spawned, so you can make not one wall that could spawn, but 10 of them. Some h&s server use(d) those random obstacles in maps.

would be nice some stuff randomly popping out of the ground, a lot of work making the ent tho :P

#23 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostStoppbiel, on 14 October 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I've not totally read the replies about the: 'hiders ability to help the hiders that are still in the danger zone,'  but I thought of the following about it: if you for example start with 20 hiders then a broadcast will appear that 10 hiders have to pass the bridge alive (taking 50 percent as example). If maybe 5 hiders or something made it into the safe zone they will be able to stand on certain spots, I'll take 4 spots as example for now. These 5 hiders that made it across will have to choose one of these spots to stand on with everybody which activates a 'Smoke Trigger' on a place in danger zone. Every spot in the safe zone could represents a seeker's spawn or just an area in the danger field. If a spot gets triggered by the hiders then one of the seeker's spawn or an area in the field will be blinded/smoked/covered for x seconds. Anyway I think it's something we have to field test in order to refine this.

Idea #2: The hiders that made it across the bridge will be spawned as Henkcopters so they can troll the seekers.

Also to make it a bit more difficult for the hiders you could put some obstacles in that randomly gets spawned, so you can make not one wall that could spawn, but 10 of them. Some h&s server use(d) those random obstacles in maps.

Sounds like a fun idea indeed. I'll start to work out some of the basics of a spot on the safe platform that hiders would need to occupy, could be fun!


We need a field test very soon! I've already made a lot of changes to this minigame since we last tested this with a massive group (a year or two ago), I hope that my changes made it more balanced now.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#24 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 14 October 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Sounds like a fun idea indeed. I'll start to work out some of the basics of a spot on the safe platform that hiders would need to occupy, could be fun!


We need a field test very soon! I've already made a lot of changes to this minigame since we last tested this with a massive group (a year or two ago), I hope that my changes made it more balanced now.

just another idea that pops op, hiders who cross the bridge (can they see the hiders in dangers zone ?) get a couple of knives and it they throw them and hit another hider that hider gets a slight speedboost

#25 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

They get teleported into safety (far away from the bridge), so seekers also can't shoot them.. I like the idea, perhaps that should be given to hiders that are left on the bridge.

Maybe a "random powerup" system when hiders occupy the spots on the safe platform.. So many thoughts, so many thoughts..
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#26 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 14 October 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

They get teleported into safety (far away from the bridge), so seekers also can't shoot them.. I like the idea, perhaps that should be given to hiders that are left on the bridge.

Maybe a "random powerup" system when hiders occupy the spots on the safe platform.. So many thoughts, so many thoughts..

indeed many thoughts (but that's a good thing :)), well it would be fun cause the hiders will have to aim their knives at others, perhaps they can get teleported into a house at a window with vision on bridge (but seekers cannot see them). Or maybe once they get teleported to the safezone seekers simply cannot hit them anymore and if they do they get a message so they know they waste ammo

Edited by fantasm0, 14 October 2012 - 10:59 PM.


#27 Rap!st

Rap!st

    Advanced Member

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationYour girlfriend.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Don't want to fuck up the idea's ( i do really like alot of them)

But if you got some standard h&s players with an age between 11-15 i guess 70Percen't wouldn't know alot of those benefits likes speedboosts etc. A Guide Topic which link wil be posted in the servermessage could help tho.

# Just an option:)
Born alone - live alone - die alone.

#28 fantasm0

fantasm0

    BETA Tester

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

soooo hows it goin :D

#29 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostRap!st, on 15 October 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Don't want to fuck up the idea's ( i do really like alot of them)

But if you got some standard h&s players with an age between 11-15 i guess 70Percen't wouldn't know alot of those benefits likes speedboosts etc. A Guide Topic which link wil be posted in the servermessage could help tho.

# Just an option:)

The old 1fx. H&S Mod had a /howto command, which would explain players how the minigame worked (text in console), but it never made the merge into 1fx. Mod, maybe something like this could be re-included.


The minigame's nearly finished, the next thing to do is to test it, this will probably happen when 1fx. H&S launches.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#30 Rap!st

Rap!st

    Advanced Member

  • BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationYour girlfriend.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

yeah i think that would be handy to  include boe.
Born alone - live alone - die alone.

#31 BoeMan

BoeMan

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Finished it today, here are the changes I made:

I added a /howto command, the game will inform you once when entering the minigame that this command can be called to show a small tutorial. This is what it will show:
Screenshot - 11112012 - 10:31:22 AM.png

I also added a timer, that shows in how many seconds you crossed the bridge. If you cross within 20 seconds, you will get a bonus point:
Screenshot - 11112012 - 10:32:22 AM.png

I decided to not add the scoreboard with the fastest times. I tested this myself, if you keep pushing through, the fastest time you can get is 16 seconds (with g_speed 300). No doubt that a lot of hiders will get 16 seconds, making the final scoreboard a bit obsolete.

I think this minigame needs a field test now, I can't think of anything to add now, except that we need to test the basics thoroughly first.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#32 l00natic.

l00natic.

    1fx. Member / BETA Tester

  • 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Looking good boeboe!

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users