#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys!

As we rapidly go towards the release of 0.70 final I would like some input about future releases. As most (?) of you know, 0.70 is primarily a switch to the faster DLL-type and SQLite3. We almost entirely focused on those aspects for this 0.70 release.

The 0.7x branch was originally going to include the auto download system as well. We tried to somewhat bump up the speed but got to the conclusion that it is way too slow even after being upped a bit. If you, for example, download a map of 7.5 MB, the download would still take ~5 minutes. Most people don't want to wait 5 minutes before they can play a map, and that makes a lot of sense.

We could also focus on zombies, and make it something new. The current H&Z gametype is a lot like H&S and starts to bore people pretty quick. I wonder if we have enough manpower active on these forums to really make it into something..

Another feature I came up with was a scripting language embedded in the Mod. Developers could start making "plugins" for 1fx. Mod, and extend the functionality of the Mod with those plugins. I like this idea, but I wonder how many people will come to our site and look through the database of plugins. 1fx. Mod would (obviously) be trimmed down quite a bit, and a lot of features would be converted to plugins. This would make the Mod pretty fast when not a lot of plugins are loaded though. The script language I would use would definitely be Lua. Some developers might already be familiar with this.

Anyhow, input would be greatly appreciated, however, I would like you to consider how many players would actually use it. It's quite a bummer to develop something that a few people like, but hardly anyone uses. Examples are Hide&Seek, Custom commands, "The sun", and more. This doesn't really motivate us.

All input is welcome! Thanks for supporting our Mod!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Another feature I came up with was a scripting language embedded in the Mod. Developers could start making "plugins" for 1fx. Mod, and extend the functionality of the Mod with those plugins. I like this idea, but I wonder how many people will come to our site and look through the database of plugins. 1fx. Mod would (obviously) be trimmed down quite a bit, and a lot of features would be converted to plugins. This would make the Mod pretty fast when not a lot of plugins are loaded though. The script language I would use would definitely be Lua. Some developers might already be familiar with this.

This. That's what it's interesting in my aspects. although idiots like pooce will never get it how to use it. so then again might be not worth the time :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#3 magikzz

magikzz

Advanced Member

• Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

i might move to sof2 gold

As for zombies ! Make it totally different to 2k3 zombies.   Make it so the zombies are computer if you know what i mean! Something sort of like call of duty black ops 2 zombies  .   < i think that was really fun to play

Edited by magikzz, 22 March 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#4 l00natic.

l00natic.

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Hey guys!
The 0.7x branch was originally going to include the auto download system as well. We tried to somewhat bump up the speed but got to the conclusion that it is way too slow even after being upped a bit. If you, for example, download a map of 7.5 MB, the download would still take ~5 minutes. Most people don't want to wait 5 minutes before they can play a map, and that makes a lot of sense.

5 minutes for like 5 new maps would be 25 minutes. its a onetime download i think it wouldnt be a problem.

Including the download system would be cool cause u could also edit skins for the "zombie" gametype as sample.. leaving this behind would break my heart :(.

Posted Image

#5 magikzz

magikzz

Advanced Member

• Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postl00natic., on 22 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

5 minutes for like 5 new maps would be 25 minutes. its a onetime download i think it wouldnt be a problem.

Including the download system would be cool cause u could also edit skins for the "zombie" gametype as sample.. leaving this behind would break my heart :(.

true its a onetime download ! whould be awsome if this comes in sof2 full

#6 fantasm0

fantasm0

BETA Tester

• BETA Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

A good idea might be to finish a detailed documentation of features. Perhaps many people don't even know features such as the sun or custom commands, if this is all widely covered (with pictures perhaps) in documentation people might get to know more about the mod. Ofcourse people still need to be brought to attention about this documentation. A solution might be to make random documentation stuff show up ath the home site's slider?

#7 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Good idea as well. I have a program listed on my To-Do to cover all the functionality of 1fx. Mod, so people won't have to look through the Configuration file anymore and can configure the server on the fly. Maybe that would be handy to finish as well, might do more good than a detailed documentation imo.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users