#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hi guys!

I'm thrilled to announce that I just finished the initial work on the first port of 1fx. Mod: 1fx. Mod on v1.03 (Gold)!

Posted Image
Initial work on the 0.78 port for SoF2 v1.03 (Gold).

This port is currently in development and will only be released as an official port once the public test versions that will follow are well received. I won't spend time on a port that most people aren't going to use.

This port will contain almost everything the official v1.00 Mod does, with a few additions and some features left out. Naturally, this port will not contain the RPM client-side code that the v1.00 port does but will instead support another client-side Mod on Gold. The idea is that for every future version a separate version for v1.00 and v1.03 will be released.

The v1.03 port will differ from the original v1.00 Mod in the following ways:
  • No RPM client-side support, instead the v1.03 version will support the latest ROCmod client-side.
  • The v1.03 port won't have the Hide&Seek and Zombies gametypes embedded. This is because the nades used in those gametypes aren't available in Gold. I could work around this issue but it would mean I'd have to make a custom ROCmod client-side for Gold. No problem, but this will obviously only be included if people really want (and thus request..) this.
  • Added demolition gametype (exclusive to the v1.03 version of the Mod).
  • No sv_allowDownload patch support because the v1.03 version already has this exploit fixed.
  • Proper Linux build that doesn't rely on 1fxlib. DNS resolving remains since our implementation is faster on frequent DNS updates.
  • Added Mac OS X build of 1fx. Mod for the Mac OS users. Only for this port because the original v1.00 version of the game was never released for Mac OS X.
  • All improved v1.03 code stuff, such as improved movement, leaning, etc. Some will be backported to the v1.00 version of the Mod.
  • Use of the g_available CVAR instead of the g_availableWeapons CVAR. This is mostly internal use only since server owners use the availableWeapons CVAR anyway.
  • And possibly many more differences in the future release..
The idea is to first release a few "preview" releases that showcase the functionality of 1fx. Mod on Gold. If it is well received and there's a relatively high demand for it, I will continue developing it. If not, this port will never be released as an official release of 1fx. Mod.

You can test/view the initial work on the "boe dev srv" server as shown in the in-game serverlist. This version doesn't have proper ROCmod client-side support yet.

Suggestions or feature requests to this are welcome. Remember that the popularity of this topic is largely responsible of where this port is going. I hope you're as excited about this as I am.

Keep an eye on this topic for updates...

Update May 11 2015: The first preview can now be downloaded from: http://1fxmod.org/gold/
Update May 27 2015: The second preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__40#entry22817
Update May 28 2015: A crash fix is available for the first and second preview here: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__60#entry22826
Update July 31 2015: A bot weight bug fix is available here if you wish do not wish to wait for the 3rd preview: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__80#entry22912
Update September 16 2015: The third preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._100#entry22958
Update October 16 2015: The forth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._140#entry23061 Developer flavor with crash logging and /dev here: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._160#entry23062
Update December 6 2015: The fifth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._240#entry23314
Update January 6 2016: The sixth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._280#entry23478
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 empy

empy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Nice work boe!

Couldnt find server. /connect boeboe.uk.to worked

#3 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Nice work!

Use of the g_available CVAR instead of the g_availableWeapons CVAR.

g_available works the same but "weapons" is just left out?

Edited by positief, 09 April 2015 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#4 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Thanks!

Yep! And the order is different as some nades aren't available and two weapons are added. Other than that it's the same system.

I fixed the server, it should be visible now.. Thanks for noticing.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#5 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2036 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

Great release, looking forward for new upcoming updates, nicely done booseman! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#6 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

Great work boe!

#7 ATOM

ATOM

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

gj boe! finally , SC got a server on gold imma let them know (Y)

#8 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

ATOM, on 10 April 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

gj boe! finally , SC got a server on gold imma let them know (Y)

They already know about it, they told me that there is a big chance that they'll use it. The 3D # Community will also use it on their goldserver!

Edited by Tyl3r, 10 April 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#9 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

This is great news!.

I have a question if i may and that is .... I dont suppose you will include somthing to allow map edits ? I understand that the current versions of 1fx support map edits from nV mod but im sure it would be pretty sweet to be able to modifiy soem of the gold maps a little.

I dont know of any other gold mod's that offer this feature so this could make the 1fx mod a big winner if it allowed the current active teams / servers out there to edit gold maps.

#10 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Thanks guys!

Good news for you Kronik, as the Gold version already includes the NVMod compatibility layer and also already supports the entity files the same way v1.00 does. So all existing and new entity files are supported by both versions of 1fx. Mod. :)
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#11 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

That's brilliant news

#12 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

Sorry to bother you again boe man I did have another query ....

Since you are hopefully releasing a version of 1fx on gold would their be a release of the 1fx anti cheat mod too ? It's a bitch at the moment that even balance no longer support sof2 and to be fair the punk buster system was never any good anyways.
The 1fx mod is a nice little system and feels better to use then FairPlay in my opinion?.

I use to use game violations back in the day and that was pretty sweet but the lovely lady who done that moved onto other things (FruitY) you may know her I dunno.

#13 l00natic.

l00natic.

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1083 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

leipe sjizzle boobmens

Posted Image

#14 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

l00natic., on 11 April 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

leipe sjizzle boobmens

Cheers. ;)

Kronik, on 11 April 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Sorry to bother you again boe man I did have another query ....

Since you are hopefully releasing a version of 1fx on gold would their be a release of the 1fx anti cheat mod too ? It's a bitch at the moment that even balance no longer support sof2 and to be fair the punk buster system was never any good anyways.
The 1fx mod is a nice little system and feels better to use then FairPlay in my opinion?.

I use to use game violations back in the day and that was pretty sweet but the lovely lady who done that moved onto other things (FruitY) you may know her I dunno.

You don't have to apologize for having another question, it's what the forums are for. :)

I've done little work on the anticheat and so Henkie is the "lead developer" on that project. Since he's pretty much inactive there's little chance that he will actually take the time to port the anticheat to Gold. That matter is entirely up to him.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#15 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

I dont think most people on gold like to have Anti-cheat, they aint lazy to download, but most of them dont see any point in using anti cheat.
The servers that do mainly using Punkbuster + Pure only and the rest are doing it in the old way which is making demo's, speccing and putting it on yt.

The entity function seems nice tho,
Posted Image

#16 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

As stated in order to make the H&S and H&Z games work I need to "backport" the grenades to the ROCmod codebase that's already available in public. What if I did that and included some new features, such as fast pk3 downloading as well? Would you guys like and use it?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#17 empy

empy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

hell yeah, Hide&seek would be awesome if it is not that hard to port. And the possibilites with fast pk3 downloading are endless. The new features are client side amiright?

As how I would do it: First time connecting to server: download coreclient + faster download fearure. Restart client to enable the faster download feature if that is needed. Second time connecting: all addons needed to play normally on the server + maps.

With addons you'll need a pureclient function so that mods wont interfear with eachother.

ps I would like to be a beta tester:)

xEmperor

Edited by shanghai, 13 April 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#18 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Yep, the added grenades would be clientside. Hide&Seek is already 100% working, it's just the nades that aren't included that make the gametype act weird (seekers get RPG instead of proper grenade for example, etc).

If I can make something like that work, it'll definitely be like that. I have to see how SoF2 handles that exactly.

About the beta testing.. No test version is available atm, the upcoming test release will be available for all.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#19 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 599 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

BoeMan, on 13 April 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

(seekers get RPG instead of proper grenade for example, etc).

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#20 empy

empy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

Progress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users