I'm thrilled to announce that I just finished the initial work on the first port of 1fx. Mod: 1fx. Mod on v1.03 (Gold)!
Initial work on the 0.78 port for SoF2 v1.03 (Gold).
This port is currently in development and will only be released as an official port once the public test versions that will follow are well received. I won't spend time on a port that most people aren't going to use.
This port will contain almost everything the official v1.00 Mod does, with a few additions and some features left out. Naturally, this port will not contain the RPM client-side code that the v1.00 port does but will instead support another client-side Mod on Gold. The idea is that for every future version a separate version for v1.00 and v1.03 will be released.
The v1.03 port will differ from the original v1.00 Mod in the following ways:
- No RPM client-side support, instead the v1.03 version will support the latest ROCmod client-side.
- The v1.03 port won't have the Hide&Seek and Zombies gametypes embedded. This is because the nades used in those gametypes aren't available in Gold. I could work around this issue but it would mean I'd have to make a custom ROCmod client-side for Gold. No problem, but this will obviously only be included if people really want (and thus request..) this.
- Added demolition gametype (exclusive to the v1.03 version of the Mod).
- No sv_allowDownload patch support because the v1.03 version already has this exploit fixed.
- Proper Linux build that doesn't rely on 1fxlib. DNS resolving remains since our implementation is faster on frequent DNS updates.
- Added Mac OS X build of 1fx. Mod for the Mac OS users. Only for this port because the original v1.00 version of the game was never released for Mac OS X.
- All improved v1.03 code stuff, such as improved movement, leaning, etc. Some will be backported to the v1.00 version of the Mod.
- Use of the g_available CVAR instead of the g_availableWeapons CVAR. This is mostly internal use only since server owners use the availableWeapons CVAR anyway.
- And possibly many more differences in the future release..
You can test/view the initial work on the "boe dev srv" server as shown in the in-game serverlist. This version doesn't have proper ROCmod client-side support yet.
Suggestions or feature requests to this are welcome. Remember that the popularity of this topic is largely responsible of where this port is going. I hope you're as excited about this as I am.
Keep an eye on this topic for updates...
Update May 11 2015: The first preview can now be downloaded from: http://1fxmod.org/gold/
Update May 27 2015: The second preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__40#entry22817
Update May 28 2015: A crash fix is available for the first and second preview here: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__60#entry22826
Update July 31 2015: A bot weight bug fix is available here if you wish do not wish to wait for the 3rd preview: http://1fx.uk.to/for...__80#entry22912
Update September 16 2015: The third preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._100#entry22958
Update October 16 2015: The forth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._140#entry23061 Developer flavor with crash logging and /dev here: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._160#entry23062
Update December 6 2015: The fifth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._240#entry23314
Update January 6 2016: The sixth preview is now available: http://1fx.uk.to/for..._280#entry23478