639 replies to this topic

#21 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

Nice, can't wait to try it out in HouseOfPain!!!  Just one question, have you considered including an end of  map auto vote option, such as GoldRush had, that allows players to vote between a list of maps, or even just 2 different maps for that matter, to play as the next map?  Just wondering, as I thought it was a nice feature.

Edited by ScarZ, 20 April 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#22 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

How long before we can get our hands on the gold version of 1fx for servers ?.

#23 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostScarZ, on 20 April 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

Nice, can't wait to try it out in HouseOfPain!!!  Just one question, have you considered including an end of  map auto vote option, such as GoldRush had, that allows players to vote between a list of maps, or even just 2 different maps for that matter, to play as the next map?  Just wondering, as I thought it was a nice feature.

That will be included in 1fx. Mod once the Gold port is final and ready for production. It's on the TODO as mentioned in your other topic.

View Postshanghai, on 19 April 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Progress?

View PostKronik, on 20 April 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

How long before we can get our hands on the gold version of 1fx for servers ?.

The first public "preview" version will be out soon, somewhere in the coming week or two. Because this is my "free time project" I don't have a lot of time to spend on developing 1fx. Mod.

As for the progress, I've almost finished porting 1fx. Mod for Gold to Linux, a job which takes a while but has to be done. After this I will get ROCmod client-side working on 1fx. Mod, just in time for the first public preview.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#24 empy

empy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

Nice work boe!

Take your time;)

#25 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Nice, many clans on gold are very enthousiastic about it. Great work!

#26 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

I'm glad the community is being so enthusiastic. Let's hope it remains this way!

A little status update. I just finished the work of the Linux port to Gold, and all works well. I haven't received my SoF2 for Mac OS X copy yet so I can't test the Mac OS X version of the Mod just yet. It will remain on the TODO.

I started using ROCmod clientside today and much to my surprise a lot of functionality already works out of the box (most from the ROCmod menu anyway). Since ROCmod is open source the porting shouldn't take too much time.

I also have second thoughts about including H&S/H&Z for Gold, and the necessary client additions I have to do for this. Making 1fx. Mod ready for ROCmod on v1.03 is a bit silly if you are still forced to download a 1fx.-specific version of the client Mod. So I haven't fully figured this out yet, I might just leave it at that and exclude H&S/H&Z in v1.03.

Edited by BoeMan, 21 April 2015 - 05:43 PM.

Kind regards,

BoeMan

#27 Henkie

Henkie

Developer

• Administrators
  • -2954 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 21 April 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

my SoF2 for Mac OS X copy
NO, NOOOOOOOOES

Henkie would never do such a horrible thing, just saying.
Contact me: henkie@1fxmod.org
Posted Image

Current project:
OpenSoF2MP - https://bitbucket.org/1fx/opensof2mp/

#28 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

I know you are busy with the port for gold but i was curious if it was possible to sluce from other mods to add additional feature to the 1fx mod for gold and even for 1.00 too,

I was thinking for example more gametypes other then the h&s and zombies fir example i think the nV mod source code was released so it would be nice to see gametypes that had available in the 1fx mod such as Team Freeze Tag , Classic CTF , i have also seen on another server they had a Gun Game style gametype that was pretty fun.

Im not sure if its possible with 1fx already to create killing streaks? But this was somthing else i have found in nv mod and its not going to be everybody's cup of tea but it would be a nice optional feature i wouldnt mind having.

I was going to suggested the multiple map voting option but i have seen in another topic that its been suggested already and is possibly in the pipeline but i got to agree it would a great idea for servers running multiple maps allowing players to choose the maps they want next.

I would like to just say for the record i appreciate all the efforts you are putting into this Boeman its nice to have people that still love this game and still work on such great mods to keep things fresh!.

Edited by Akademiks, 21 April 2015 - 08:42 PM.

#29 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:58 PM

View PostAkademiks, on 21 April 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

I know you are busy with the port for gold but i was curious if it was possible to sluce from other mods to add additional feature to the 1fx mod for gold and even for 1.00 too,

I was thinking for example more gametypes other then the h&s and zombies fir example i think the nV mod source code was released so it would be nice to see gametypes that had available in the 1fx mod such as Team Freeze Tag , Classic CTF , i have also seen on another server they had a Gun Game style gametype that was pretty fun.

Im not sure if its possible with 1fx already to create killing streaks? But this was somthing else i have found in nv mod and its not going to be everybody's cup of tea but it would be a nice optional feature i wouldnt mind having.

I was going to suggested the multiple map voting option but i have seen in another topic that its been suggested already and is possibly in the pipeline but i got to agree it would a great idea for servers running multiple maps allowing players to choose the maps they want next.

I would like to just say for the record i appreciate all the efforts you are putting into this Boeman its nice to have people that still love this game and still work on such great mods to keep things fresh!.

Additional gametypes are a great idea, however, in reality they are hardly used and if someone really wanted to use them they could probably just switch to NVMod for example. And right now servers running additional gametypes other than Hide&Seek or Zombies are extremely rare. That's why I'm currently voting against it, sorry.

Optional custom killing sprees are a good idea (and not particularly difficult to implement), how do other Mods handle this?

As you noticed correctly, multiple map voting is already on the TODO. Having a lot of people suggest this particular feature currently makes this one of the top suggested features, so it's likely to be implemented soon.

Thanks for the support!

View PostHenkie, on 21 April 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

NO, NOOOOOOOOES

Henkie would never do such a horrible thing, just saying.

You most definitely should, it's a great learning exercise!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#30 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

I think xs mod 8 has the gun game gametype, handles quiet good, beginning woth a pistol, kills give syou points and new weappns, deads make you lose points and weapons.
Posted Image

#31 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostBoeMan, on 20 April 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

That will be included in 1fx. Mod once the Gold port is final and ready for production. It's on the TODO as mentioned in your other topic

Nice, thanks BoeMan can't wait!

What about bot support, these rocmod bots are out of control...lol?

#32 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Any updates on this mod boeman ? I dont like to bother people too much im just keen to try this out ;).

Edited by Akademiks, 28 April 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#33 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

View Postpositief, on 23 April 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

I think xs mod 8 has the gun game gametype, handles quiet good, beginning woth a pistol, kills give syou points and new weappns, deads make you lose points and weapons.

I don't know how popular this is but it's worth checking out.

View PostScarZ, on 24 April 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

Nice, thanks BoeMan can't wait!

What about bot support, these rocmod bots are out of control...lol?

Same as v1.00, I think 1fx. Mod bots are even more useless.. Trial and error, definitely not a focus atm.

View PostAkademiks, on 28 April 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Any updates on this mod boeman ? I dont like to bother people too much im just keen to try this out ;).

Still finishing off some primary work, unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time at the moment. I want to make this first preview rock, that's why it might take a little while longer. Shouldn't be more then a week or two though.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#34 Marioxbro

Marioxbro

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

Hello, Nice to meet you Boeman,

I just wanna encourage your development of 1fx mod for gold version !

Particulary for gametypes like H&S and H&Z which could bring a little fun in our version ;)

Thank you

#35 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostMarioxbro, on 29 April 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hello, Nice to meet you Boeman,

I just wanna encourage your development of 1fx mod for gold version !

Particulary for gametypes like H&S and H&Z which could bring a little fun in our version ;)

Thank you

Hi, nice to meet you too!

H&S and H&Z aren't a priority at the moment, but will be included if there is enough demand for it. :)

-----

The primary work for ROCmod is now finished. Most commands of the menu are now recognized on the server and the server properly sends data like the "extended stats" from ROCmod. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with ROCmod so some other things might still be missing, but I expect to hear about that when the first preview arrives.

About that, I'm finalizing the work on the first preview of 1fx. Mod for Gold and it should be here in a matter of days. Keep an eye on the forums!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#36 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Well, I'm thrilled to announce it's finally here! You can download 1fx. Mod for SoF2 v1.03 from this page: http://1fxmod.org/gold/
The page also contains some generic information that could be interesting to read.

Enjoy guys, let me know how you use the Mod, what issues you encounter and what you think of it!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#37 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

Thanks a lot boe! We will put it on our server asap! Very good job and thanks.

#38 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

Demolition gametype is already in standard sof2? Or is there something else required for that?
Posted Image

#39 Cortez

Cortez

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationHOLLAND

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

Great!!

BECAUSE FUCK YOU. THAT'S WHY.

#40 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostTyl3r, on 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Thanks a lot boe! We will put it on our server asap! Very good job and thanks.

View PostCortez, on 11 May 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

Great!!

Thanks! :)

View Postpositief, on 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

Demolition gametype is already in standard sof2? Or is there something else required for that?

I included all gametype code (that used to be in a separate QVM/DLL) into the main game when we switched from QVMs to DLLs, mainly because it's faster and there were some problems on the Linux build of SoF2 v1.00.

Because of this change I have to include DEM in the game module. Not a lot of work but not really a priority at the moment imo.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users