l00natic.

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 11 May 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Because of this change I have to include DEM in the game module. Not a lot of work but not really a priority at the moment imo.

DEM best gametype sof2 tbh.

Posted Image

#42 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostBoeMan, on 11 May 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Thanks! :)

I included all gametype code (that used to be in a separate QVM/DLL) into the main game when we switched from QVMs to DLLs, mainly because it's faster and there were some problems on the Linux build of SoF2 v1.00.

Because of this change I have to include DEM in the game module. Not a lot of work but not really a priority at the moment imo.

Port DEM to 1.00 as well if yer making it anyhow hhh.
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#43 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Don't know if this is relevant to the mod, or if it is hard-coded, but is there any way to make the different bots use different weapons?  Right now they all have shotguns, just wondering if I can make one use an ak, another use m4, etc.?

Never mind that, it shows them as having different primary weapons, but for some reason they always use secondary(shotgun).  Any way to force them to use primary weapon?

Edited by ScarZ, 12 May 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#44 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostScarZ, on 12 May 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

Don't know if this is relevant to the mod, or if it is hard-coded, but is there any way to make the different bots use different weapons?  Right now they all have shotguns, just wondering if I can make one use an ak, another use m4, etc.?

Never mind that, it shows them as having different primary weapons, but for some reason they always use secondary(shotgun).  Any way to force them to use primary weapon?

Sorry, you have to test yourself on this one. I haven't looked at bots since somewhere in 2010 I think, it's a long standing issue on the TODO that might never even be looked at.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#45 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostBoeMan, on 14 May 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Sorry, you have to test yourself on this one. I haven't looked at bots since somewhere in 2010 I think, it's a long standing issue on the TODO that might never even be looked at.

I jumped the gun, they are using different weapons indeed.  When they weren't I was just running a local server to test it, and for some reason they were all using shotguns, but when I put it on the HouseOfPain Gold server, they used the different weapons.

The mod is quite nice, in my opinion!  I think it should definitely go a long way.

Thanks for all the hard work, and we are currently running 1fx on <HoP>HouseOfPain Server and it is definitely going to remain on there!

#46 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Glad to hear you enjoy it! Let me know if you encounter any issues, I'm already working on the 2nd preview that should be released after a couple of weeks.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#47 hEckLeR

hEckLeR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostScarZ, on 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I jumped the gun, they are using different weapons indeed.  When they weren't I was just running a local server to test it, and for some reason they were all using shotguns, but when I put it on the HouseOfPain Gold server, they used the different weapons.
Bots have weapon weights from like 1 to 10 (or 100?)  that increases their chances to select the weapon. Its in /bots/<personality> file  (could be wrong on the location). You should be able to set the weapons you dont want them to use to 0 and they will skip them.    I havent used it myself, but it should be working in code.  But then again, it is sof2 bots.

#48 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

Let me start off by saying that I am loving the 1fx Mod for Gold! Great work BoeMan.

I have found a slight issue with the mod however but this was to be expected at this stage I suppose.
  • It appear's when nades are enabled on the server you spawn with the the standard of x2 nades but when you pickup a backpack it fulls everything it's suppose too but it does not seem to refill the nades ammo.
You are more then likely already aware of it but I thought I would let you know just in case.

Keep up the fantastic work mate.

#49 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Yes I noticed that too. What I've also seen is that, when I join a server who has their own modified rocmod, and after that I join a 1fx. Mod Server, the names of the teams are the same as the server that I was in before (Example: ||P&G` Red Team and Blue Team).

#50 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostAkademiks, on 22 May 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Let me start off by saying that I am loving the 1fx Mod for Gold! Great work BoeMan.

I have found a slight issue with the mod however but this was to be expected at this stage I suppose.
  • It appear's when nades are enabled on the server you spawn with the the standard of x2 nades but when you pickup a backpack it fulls everything it's suppose too but it does not seem to refill the nades ammo.
You are more then likely already aware of it but I thought I would let you know just in case.

Keep up the fantastic work mate.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

As for the nade issue, I did know nades didn't come with the default outfitting, this is another issue. Thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure it gets fixed prior to the 2nd beta release.

View PostTyl3r, on 22 May 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yes I noticed that too. What I've also seen is that, when I join a server who has their own modified rocmod, and after that I join a 1fx. Mod Server, the names of the teams are the same as the server that I was in before (Example: ||P&G` Red Team and Blue Team).

Nice find, I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#51 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

Rocmod has an award screen at the end of a map, but with the 1fx. Mod you will see the scoreboard, and like 7 seconds later you will float in the air.

#52 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

I'll make sure this is implemented before the 2nd release too. Cheers!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#53 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

Sorry to bother you Boeman I am sure you are fery busy with other things but how long do you think it will be before the 2nd release fixing these issues?.

The scoreboard/medals at the end of each round seem to be somthing people keep asking about on our server so it would be nice to have a fix for that mainly.

#54 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

I'm planning to release the 2nd preview somewhere this week, which will also come with the award screen at the end of the map.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#55 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

Today I tried to figure out the ''refill'' bug.
I found this in the House of Pain server and the //Baka|. Server. Both are running 1fx. Mod.

When you take a backpack it refills when:
- When you fired 1 or more nades of the: ANM/M15 (Haven't tested other nades)
- When you fired 1 or more bullets of the: SIGG551/AK47/MSG90/M60/M590 (Haven't tested other weapons)
- When you fired 1 or more knives.

When does it not refill:
- If you only fired 1 or more bullets of the MP5 and you haven't fired any other weapon. (Except the SMOHG nade)
- If you only fired 1 or more nades of the SMOHG nades and you haven't fired any other weapon. (Except the MP5)

So if you haven't fired any weapon, except a SMOHG nade or a MP5 bullet, it won't refill your ammo. But it will refill if you fired a SMOGH nade, (or MP5 or both) and you fired a M590 bullet (and reloaded ofc.).

Conclusion: Seems like the SMOHG nade and the MP5 Sub-Machine gun are bugged.

#56 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PosthEckLeR, on 16 May 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Bots have weapon weights from like 1 to 10 (or 100?)  that increases their chances to select the weapon. Its in /bots/<personality> file  (could be wrong on the location). You should be able to set the weapons you dont want them to use to 0 and they will skip them. I havent used it myself, but it should be working in code.  But then again, it is sof2 bots.

Nice thanks Heckler,

I did notice that, but never really knew what its purpose was!

#57 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostTyl3r, on 27 May 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Today I tried to figure out the ''refill'' bug.
I found this in the House of Pain server and the //Baka|. Server. Both are running 1fx. Mod.

When you take a backpack it refills when:
- When you fired 1 or more nades of the: ANM/M15 (Haven't tested other nades)
- When you fired 1 or more bullets of the: SIGG551/AK47/MSG90/M60/M590 (Haven't tested other weapons)
- When you fired 1 or more knives.

When does it not refill:
- If you only fired 1 or more bullets of the MP5 and you haven't fired any other weapon. (Except the SMOHG nade)
- If you only fired 1 or more nades of the SMOHG nades and you haven't fired any other weapon. (Except the MP5)

So if you haven't fired any weapon, except a SMOHG nade or a MP5 bullet, it won't refill your ammo. But it will refill if you fired a SMOGH nade, (or MP5 or both) and you fired a M590 bullet (and reloaded ofc.).

Conclusion: Seems like the SMOHG nade and the MP5 Sub-Machine gun are bugged.

I tried to reproduce this but wasn't able to do so. It works fine in my own server, which obviously runs the latest build. I suggest you try to reproduce the issue in the 2nd preview (which will be released in a couple of hours), which shouldn't have the refill bug (or the nade bug at all).

I also included awards already, they should properly work as shown below.

Posted Image

Like RPM on v1.00, the scores don't take note of the readiness of players, but it automatically switches to the next map/new round after 15 seconds.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#58 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

I just released 0.78t.2-pre to the public, it is now available to download from http://1fxmod.org/gold/download.

This version brings mainly bug fixes to the reported issues in this topic. I've also started on the Mac OS X version of 1fx. Mod (that already loads and runs on OS X), but is too buggy to be included in this stadium.

Hope you like the changes.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#59 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

Actually Tyler, I just experienced the same bug (with MP5), but only with nades disabled. I fixed it just now. I expect, since most servers have nades enabled, you won't really notice this bug. It's fixed nonetheless.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#60 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 27 May 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

Actually Tyler, I just experienced the same bug (with MP5), but only with nades disabled. I fixed it just now. I expect, since most servers have nades enabled, you won't really notice this bug. It's fixed nonetheless.

Indeed, nades are very liked on gold.

And thanks for your 2nd preview!! The awards are a great addition to the mod! Thanks a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users