650 replies to this topic

#541 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

As far as I know, this bug was already fixed in one of the 0.82 nightlies. Please try running the build I gave you a few weeks ago and see if the crashes remain.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#542 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Planned to do that this weekend. :)
Posted Image

#543 Teo

Teo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMilan - IT

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hi guys! Is the 1fx Gold download down or?

#544 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

What download are you referring to? The ones on the site seem to work ok.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#545 Teo

Teo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMilan - IT

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostBoeMan, on 25 October 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

What download are you referring to? The ones on the site seem to work ok.

I figured out after posting you removed the .../gold/ URL adding both under Downloads I remember there was a gold hat somewhere :P

Thanks!

PS/ Boe have you any banner or something like that to add to sof2.org advertising your site?

#546 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hi Teo!

Sorry for the late answer, but no. We currently don't have any banner you could use for that..
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#547 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostShinChan, on 13 October 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Planned to do that this weekend. :)

In regards of this. Server has crashed only once (2 days ago) since the 13th of october but didn't leave a Crashdump behind. We still only have 1 crashdump file from october 2nd, which was the one i send you before.
Posted Image

#548 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi all
I'm running the m8 (click here) Gold clan servers on Elite server host (Windows)

We previously had a mod (derivative of ROCmod) which the maker wants me to stop using so i wanted to give 1fxmod
a try as it's still a 'living' mod.

A specificity of Elite for SOF2 is having the Config started in the base/mp folder named as Sof2.cfg  when normally this should be in the fx folder.

I've got the server running but no bots and as i couldn't find detailed instructions for install on a hosted server i'm a "bit" lost :)

Sorry for my ignorance. I know this mod was originally for silver so not what i've been used to configuring in the past so wondering
how many of my old Sof2.cfg commands could be added to the Config.cfg

Any help would be appreciated

#549 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi Miche,

Cool that you're willing to give 1fx. Mod a try. I hope you enjoy using it as much as we did creating it.

Additional cfg files can be parsed by 1fx. Mod, but I doubt that all CVARs are also known in 1fx. Mod. 1fx. Mod contains almost all default CVARs though, so stuff like mapcycles, bots etc. will all work and behave almost the exact same. You can always check what /exec <config name> does in 1fx. Mod. If you can't figure out how much is usable in 1fx. Mod, either upload the cfgs and attach them in this topic or send me a PM if they are private.

For me to check into why your bots don't work, please try to share as much information as possible (think folder structures, botfiles, what the previous server looked like, etc.).

Instructions to "install" 1fx. Mod on a hosted server is always a bit tricky. I suppose you rent an actual SoF2 server from a GSP (i.e. not running on a VPS)? If so, you need to contact them to make the necessary changes to the command line: because 1fx. Mod is distributed as a DLL, it is required that vm_game is set to 0 instead of its default value of 2.

If you still can't manage to install 1fx. Mod on your hosted server, be sure to give us as much details as possible. Me or one of the guys will be happy to help you further.

I understand the switch to a v1.00-style Mod can be a bit difficult, but we strongly believe that once you get used to the different style of our Mod, you'll be very happy with it.

Good luck!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#550 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Hi again Boe,

I'll get back to you as soon as possible for the info on what i uploaded to the server and what i put in the config file.
I've asked a couple of questions to our host Elite as i was wondering if we shouldn't have re-initialized the server before installing
a different mod.
In your tutorial i see you recommend notepad for editing the config - is that notepad++  ?
For the bots i put the following lines in as they were in our old config. :

seta bot_enable "1"
seta bot_minplayers "10"
seta bot_join_team "0"
seta bot_ignoreroutes "0"
seta g_botskill "2"   
seta g_forceBotsReady "1"
seta g_autokickBotsWithSameName "1"
seta g_slot 5   //limit number of bots per team ctf

but maybe i should send you the complete server config file.

Some of used to go and play with YOB in Silver mod and i've still got it installed on my pc :)

A good idea to bring out a Gold version of 1fx and i hope we can get things moving soon. I've left our NL server
still running with the old mod for the moment so the players still have somewhere to go.
I don't listen to what others say about mods and i want to give it a try for myself.

Edited by Miche, 10 November 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#551 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hi Miche,

Any text editor should work fine, I suggested notepad since all Windows PCs have it installed. Notepad++ should be fine (if not better).

As for the bots, the only two commands that work in 1fx. Mod are the upper ones (bot_enable and bot_minplayers), the rest seem to be Goldrush or ROCmod specific. You can view individual bot settings in the .bot files in the 1fx/botfiles directory. Bots from v1.00 usually work out of the box in 1fx. Mod.

Hope this helps!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#552 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hi again Boe,

Ok thanks for your help. Wish i was at the point of sorting out bot problems but for the moment i'd
be happy to get the server running ! Lol

So just going back to basics, when i unzip the 1fx. Mod 0.81-win32 (v1.03) i have 3 folders.

Should all 3 (1fx/ 1fx.additions and 1fx.rocmod) be uploaded to the server? I saw that 1fx.additions is ok if you know what
you're doing (erm not my case) but sorry i don't have a clue about 1fx.rocmod.

I kept all Sof2 installation files in the base/mp folder.  The mod is started from the commandline on the server from
base/mp (so a file called sof2.cfg).
Elite launch the game from the base/mp folder with a file called sof2.cfg  and this is an exact copy of config.cfg.

I'm enclosing a screen of my first shot at installing the mod and one of the commandline.
I'm not really sure if i should've put "1fx" at +set fs_game in the commandline....
BTW I am renting a SoF2 server from a GSP (i.e. not running on a VPS) and vm_game is set to 0 instead of its default value of 2.

Cheers
MicheCapture_command_line_srvr.JPG
Capture_my_install.JPG

Edited by Miche, 12 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#553 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

Bots seem to be ok now.
For modifying the botfiles i was wondering if i should leave hate level at 5 or modify. Wanted to make
them a bit more docile :)
There's also the botskill for which we used cvar seta g_botskill (then a number from 1 weakest to 5 strongest) in our ex-mod.
This workedwith1fx on the home server.

I saw there was a dll file (sof2mp_gamex86.dll) which should be in the 1fx folder.
I tried uploading but couldn't. The server provider said it wasn't allowed due to security issues :\

Thanks

Miche

Edited by Miche, 12 November 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#554 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Let's try to get you up and running first. :)

All directories in the "Server files" directory should be uploaded to the server. The extra directories contain files needed for the 1fx. Client Additions, even if you don't enable them on your server, the files should still be in place in case you ever want to enable them later on.

There's one error on your command line, and that's the "+set fs_game 1fx" part. You definitely need this (since all 1fx. files are in the 1fx directory), but you need to put it before your exec command. The .cfg file probably loads a map, making the fs_game CVAR read only afterwards. That's why it needs to be in front of the exec command.

The one crucial part is uploading the DLL file though, it's equivalent to the sof2mp_game.qvm file. It's the one file that contains all the Mod logic. It's essential that you get this file uploaded. Perhaps you can contact the GSP and have them upload it for you.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#555 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the quick reply :) Well for the moment i'm trying to upload all files again to the server which isn't easy with my slow internet connexion !

I'm preparing a message for our GSP where i'll ask him to make all the modifications for me in the server commandline.
So what you said in your last message confirms what i suspected about the .dll file.
I knew you hadn't included that in the pack just for decoration ! That explains too why your mod works wonderfully on my LAN server and not on the paid server.
When i try to upload that file to the 1fx folder i get a message in red about not being allowed to do it so I guess it'll have to be the server host manager
who does it.
I'll send a message to them and if they say they can't do it then i'll kick and look for a different GSP.
After all, i pay for a service and if they can't oblige then no point in staying with them.
I'll keep you updated about progress (if any!).

As i'm optimistic by nature and hope our server will eventually run i have 3 (easy) questions :

- i just wondered about giving Admin or Rcon to other clan members.
From what i understand the Sysop (me) can give Admin to a chosen player and then that is associated with something specific to that player ?
In our current mod there are Admin.cfg and Sysop.cfg files where authorizations are given using GUID of the player.

- Do players need to have 1fx mod client files in their game to play on the server ? if yes, do they need to have allow download ON in options when connecting for the first time without the mod ?

I think players need them but i'm not sure, i played a bit on an another 1fx server already and I remember i had to let my game download client files from their server in order to play (game automatically created a "1fx.rocmod" folder in my SOFII game folder).
I was kicked after 2-3 secs in game if i tried to play without these files but maybe it was their server settings that didn't allow players without client side mod in their game to play.
Also I use Rocmod 2.1c when playing on an 1fx server (which i have put in a "rocmod" folder in my game folder).

- Where should i put the game files (models.pk3, textures0.pk3, musicandsound.pk3 etc) on my server ? These files are in the server base folder ATM but i'm not sure if that's good.

Sorry for all that - hope i'm not making you repeat what's already been said in this forum since July :)
Thank you !

#556 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, they probably blacklisted the DLL extension from being uploaded. Normally that's not a bad precaution to take, but perhaps they can lift the restriction on the 1fx directory at least. Every 1fx. Mod update requires you to upload the new DLL file.

As for the other three questions:
  • There are three levels of Admin in 1fx. Mod: B-Admin (the most basic one, level 2), regular Admin (simply called Admin, level 3) and S-Admin (server admin, with the highest rights, level 4). RCON is level 5 and always overrules any S-Admin. The Admin is always associated to the player his/her IP address and the name. That means when a player renames the Admin must be re-added. For players with a dynamic IP we also offer Admin passwords. I suggest you get familiar with the regular Admin routines first before you start implementing the advanced stuff. A little tutorial on the Admin passwords is here: http://1fx.uk.to/for...d-admin-system/
  • By default, players don't need any of the 1fx. files to play on your server. What client Mod the user is expected to have heavily relies on what you set the g_clientMod CVAR to. On Gold, you can either leave it empty (or set to "none") or you can set this to "ROCmod". When you set this to ROCmod, the client can put the ROCmod in his "rocmod" directory like you have right now. If he doesn't do this, the server will note the user that he should download the ROCmod client files. Leaving it empty will keep the server in vanilla mode, i.e. the player will play with no client Mod.

What you experienced in the 1fx. Mod powered server you already played in are what we call Client Additions. They can be a little tricky to understand. They are developed entirely for the Gold version of our Mod. Let me try to explain.

The "additions" are built on top of the client Mod you want to use. So when you set g_clientMod to "none", the server will prompt the user to download the vanilla client Mod of SoF2 but with the 1fx. Client Additions included in them. That's where the "1fx.additions" directory comes from. You can also set g_clientMod to "ROCmod". Rather than using the "rocmod" directory, you start using the "1fx.rocmod" directory when the Client Additions are enabled. The ROCmod client is ROCmod but with 1fx. Client Additions embedded in it.

The additions are helpful in some ways, they:
    • Include the 1fx. HTTP Downloader. With this, clients can download maps and other .pk3s from a HTTP site rather than using the included downloader straight from SoF2. The included downloader is limited to 10-15 KB/s, whereas with the 1fx. HTTP Downloader you can pretty much max out your Internet connection.
    • Have support for more weapons required for Hide&Seek and Humans&Zombies. Those are gametypes we play on the v1.00 version of our Mod a lot. Without the client additions, H&S and H&Z don't work.
    • Add support for playing in third person, but only if the server allows it.
    • Help players get more FPS, by being distributed as DLL rather than QVM. DLLs are way faster to load and execute.

We ran some tests on some Gold servers, but the downside of the Client Additions are that they require you to download an initial file with the regular SoF2 downloader. It's only 300 KB, but it takes player a while with only 10-15 KB/s. If you don't download this file, the server will kick you after several info messages.

When you start using 1fx. Mod, I suggest you leave Client Additions off at first. It may cost you a lot of traffic. If you're interested we can always discuss this later on.

• The default files should remain in the base directory. For 1fx. Mod to work it's best if you have a "vanilla" SoF2 directory, with only SoF2MP.exe and the base directory with the default pk3s. All 1fx. Mod files should remain in the 1fx directory.

I hope this is of any help. This post also made me realize we really, really need a 1fx. Mod documentation. :P
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#557 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

Ok thanks Boe for all that ! I'm actually starting to understand something :)

All that information and anything else i can pick up will be kept for future reference. I don't trust my memory so much these days.

I've requested the modification of the commandline on our server and also uploaded the dll file to be added to the 1fx directory. I hope to get
some feedback tomorrow (or rather later today) so fingers crossed.

Sounds like a good method for Admins with stricter control over their identity. We've had problems on our current mod with checking who is who
and having to read through the logs to find the ip@ they were using.
Is the list of Admin commands available somewhere or are they the same as for rocmod?

I set the g_clientMod "ROCmod" in the config file in anticipation as i think nearly all players have that mod in their game folders.
Ok for moving on to ROCmod_1fx when we've got to know the mod better !

The new game types will be interesting to try and hope we can get someplayers interested. Unfortunately there aren't that many servers left running
these days in Europe so it'd be good if we can stimulate some interest !

Just to confirm, you said that "All 1fx. Mod files should remain in the 1fx directory." Does this mean that the two directories "1fx.additions" and "1fx.rocmod"
should both be within the "1fx" directory?

Best regards
Miche

Edited by Miche, 13 November 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#558 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

Not a problem, if I'm being unclear just say so. I have the tendency to assume a user already knows its way around traditional v1.00 mods, this is something that doesn't always help when promoting the Gold version of our Mod.

The Admin commands can be shown by typing /adm in the console (while being Admin of course). To add yourself as S-Admin (the highest level), either issue the /rcon addsadmin command or "addsadmin" command directly from the server console.

Admin commands in 1fx. Mod take both part of names and IDs. So if you're ID 1, and your name is miche, you can either do:

/rcon addsadmin 1
or..
/rcon addsadmin miche

The command can also take a part of your name, so if you're the only player in the server, addsadmin mi would work too. If there are multiple names that contain "mi", the server will notify you and print a list of names + IDs that you can use instead.

If you do /adm, you'll notice a column with short commands. They start with a "!". These are the commands that you can issue directly from chat. Imo, this is one of the better features of 1fx. Mod. Let's take the "uppercut" command for example. Uppercut is equivalent to the ROCmod launch command, it shoots a player up in the air. In 1fx. Mod, you can issue this command in one of the following ways:

• Through RCON: /rcon uppercut miche
  • Through /adm (also through console): /adm uppercut miche
  • Through short commands (chat): !u miche or !uc miche
  • And also via the Admin command window in the ROCmod client (obviously it's called launch there).

Another good example is ban, that takes a reason:

!ba miche I spotted wallhack on this player

Good commands to also memorize are:
  • The admin list (!al), lists all players you've given Admin. Includes IP and level.
  • The banlist (!bl), lists all bans you performed. Includes the reason, name and IP.
  • The clanlist (!cl), lists all clan members.

Be sure to give short commands a try, they can really help you perform Admin commands faster, especially once you memorize them.

As for the files, I was being unclear. The 1fx.additions and 1fx.rocmod are also directories that go into the root SoF2 directory. You can leave them alone as they are relevant only for the Client Additions.

You'll end up with:

./sof2
./sof2/base -> all default .pk3 files
./sof2/1fx -> all 1fx. Mod files including sof2mp_gamex86.dll (Windows) or sof2mp_gamei386.so (Linux)
./sof2/1fx.additions
./sof2/1fx.rocmod
./sof2/SoF2MP.exe -> main executable

Good luck setting it up!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#559 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

Hi again,  just sent a PM.
Have got the server setup for 1fx normally but no luck getting it running!

#560 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

So it's been almost a month since my last msg here.
The server isn't crashing that often anymore, for some reason things seem to be more stable and less crashing. (only 1 crash since my last post here on the 7th of november, which was last week).

a member of our community came up with an interesting idea regarding mapvoting, i know we asked something similar before and if i'm remembering correctly it wasn't possible unless client side modifications were made.
But as this seems to be a poll with just F1 or F2, i don't think any client side stuff will be applied on the request.

Post by Blowpop on our forum: http://houseofpainse...e-10#post-28626
The source code with it was provided (RPM 0.75).

Ofcourse a request which would be nice to have in the mod. Do you think it would be worth the time to spend on it or do you think its not possible or not worth the time?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users