Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

View Postiamoblvn, on 16 December 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hi there!

I'm having troubles starting the server as normal user.
Starts fine with sudo.

I'm on Ubuntu 17.04 x86_64.

------- Game Initialization -------
Mod: 1fx. Mod 0.81
Date: Jul 7 2017
Port: SoF2 - v1.03
----- Server Shutdown -----
Resolving master.sof2.ravensoft.com
master.sof2.ravensoft.com resolved to 104.40.23.123:20110
Sending heartbeat to master.sof2.ravensoft.com
Resolving master.1fxmod.org
master.1fxmod.org resolved to 178.62.14.201:20110
Sending heartbeat to master.1fxmod.org
==== ShutdownGame ====
^1Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup
User defined signal 1

Thanks!

Solved the problem but ran into another problem: Couldn't write sof2mp.cfg.
Is this a permissions problem?

------- BotLib Initialization -------
^1Error: counldn't load weapons.c
^1Fatal: couldn't load the weapon config
3 bots parsed
^3Bot route data not found
Gametype initialized: dm
Loading Default chat Sounds
Number of Chat sound files to Parse: 1
Parsing chat file: 1fx_SoundPack.vchat
Loaded 110 sounds.
Checking userdata integrity...
Succesfully finished checking userdata integrity.
-----------------------------------
Couldn't write sof2mp.cfg.
Hitch warning: 1199 msec frame time

Edited by iamoblvn, 17 December 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#582 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

View Postiamoblvn, on 17 December 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Solved the problem but ran into another problem: Couldn't write sof2mp.cfg.
Is this a permissions problem?

------- BotLib Initialization -------
^1Error: counldn't load weapons.c
^1Fatal: couldn't load the weapon config
3 bots parsed
^3Bot route data not found
Gametype initialized: dm
Loading Default chat Sounds
Number of Chat sound files to Parse: 1
Parsing chat file: 1fx_SoundPack.vchat
Loaded 110 sounds.
Checking userdata integrity...
Succesfully finished checking userdata integrity.
-----------------------------------
Couldn't write sof2mp.cfg.
Hitch warning: 1199 msec frame time

make sure sof2mp.cfg has writing permissions, and isn't set to "Read only".
Posted Image

#583 iamoblvn

iamoblvn

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostShinChan, on 17 December 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

make sure sof2mp.cfg has writing permissions, and isn't set to "Read only".

sof2mp.cfg has not been created yet, atleast I don't see it in the directory.
I have confirmed I have writing permissions to everything.

Thanks

#584 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi all, an update from my end.

View PostShinChan, on 15 December 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

developer 1 says "developer is cheat protected".
rcondump brick.txt doesn't seem to be doing anything, and i don't seem to be having enough time to login to rcon.

also tried the rcondump through console on the server, but after that the client got kicked instantly with the message:
Posted Image

I just looked at the issue, weirdly it was an issue on my end which makes me wonder why all servers seemed to work except yours.. I suspect it was broken for a long time now but since no-one uses them anymore, it was never noticed.

I already pushed the update, version 1.20, and your client should start downloading it once you connect to the HoP server. Since the downloader is broken in 1.10, you might need to connect twice. That's a guess though.

Changes in 1.20:
- Added ui_1fxAdditionsVerbose CVAR. When set to 1, it prints additional information regarding the 1fx. HTTP Downloader to the console. Default is 0.
- Added the running Operating System to the default user agent.
- Fixed error while downloading multiple .pk3 files.

The new ui_1fxAdditionsVerbose CVAR will come in handy if it ever stops working like this again.

The full source commit, for those interested, is here.

New Client Additions automatically mean updated base files, so those will build overnight (9th nightly of 0.82).

View PostMiche, on 16 December 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

Hi all,

I'd like to publicly thank Boeman for all his help and patience in replying to my endless stream of PMs while trying to get our server running !

We played on the new m8 server with 1fx.rocmod Gold last evening and had a load of fun. Noticed one thing though; on the first respawn after the map change,
you find yourself looking up at the ceiling /sky.  Has anyone else seen that before? Tonight i was looking at the floor at each respawn ...

People might wonder why m8  transferred fx from PCS to Elite. Well we've been hacked and crashed on our 2 Elite UK and NL servers for months now
when we were running Fsmod (adapted rocmod) and rocmod.
As fx mod is a completely different way of running the game i'm hoping it will save us from further misery. Our clan has stuck together throughout and we're
now looking towards a brighter playing future.
In the other direction i've put ROCmod_2.1c AI on the PCS server with the same aim in mind. Stop the hacking.
As PCS have an excellent security conscious setup and a reactive maintenance support i hope we've found a nice new home there too :)

I'm not afraid to admit my ignorance about this new mod but i'm willing to learn !
Thanks to all from m8 clan for their comments and advice in the forum.

That sounds like a client problem. What server is this in? I'll check it out myself.

View PostMiche, on 16 December 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Didn't think i'd be back in the forum so soon !
Was playing this evening and i noticed in some foggy maps that players can use thermals and night vision.
Does anyone know if these two commands in the mapcycle work in fx ?

disable_thermal "1"
disable_NightVision "1"

or should it be defined in another way please
thanks

Like Punisher noticed, we currently don't have any way to disable the thermals and the night goggles. The question remains, do you really want to? In SoF2 there's no way to disable them from the outfitting. We never included this since it might be confusing for players (you select goggles but get armor).

View Postiamoblvn, on 16 December 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hi there!

I'm having troubles starting the server as normal user.
Starts fine with sudo.

I'm on Ubuntu 17.04 x86_64.

------- Game Initialization -------
Mod: 1fx. Mod 0.81
Date: Jul  7 2017
Port: SoF2 - v1.03
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
^1Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup
User defined signal 1

Thanks!

Hi! Care to share the solution in case someone else runs into the exact same issue? I exclusively test on Debian.

View Postiamoblvn, on 17 December 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

sof2mp.cfg has not been created yet, atleast I don't see it in the directory.
I have confirmed I have writing permissions to everything.

Thanks

Can give me the output of the directory listing (ls -l) in your main SoF2 directory and in ~/.sof2 ? Are you sure the owner is set correctly?

Thanks!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#585 iamoblvn

iamoblvn

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 17 December 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Hi all, an update from my end.

I just looked at the issue, weirdly it was an issue on my end which makes me wonder why all servers seemed to work except yours.. I suspect it was broken for a long time now but since no-one uses them anymore, it was never noticed.

I already pushed the update, version 1.20, and your client should start downloading it once you connect to the HoP server. Since the downloader is broken in 1.10, you might need to connect twice. That's a guess though.

Changes in 1.20:
- Added ui_1fxAdditionsVerbose CVAR. When set to 1, it prints additional information regarding the 1fx. HTTP Downloader to the console. Default is 0.
- Added the running Operating System to the default user agent.
- Fixed error while downloading multiple .pk3 files.

The new ui_1fxAdditionsVerbose CVAR will come in handy if it ever stops working like this again.

The full source commit, for those interested, is here.

New Client Additions automatically mean updated base files, so those will build overnight (9th nightly of 0.82).

That sounds like a client problem. What server is this in? I'll check it out myself.

Like Punisher noticed, we currently don't have any way to disable the thermals and the night goggles. The question remains, do you really want to? In SoF2 there's no way to disable them from the outfitting. We never included this since it might be confusing for players (you select goggles but get armor).

Hi! Care to share the solution in case someone else runs into the exact same issue? I exclusively test on Debian.

Can give me the output of the directory listing (ls -l) in your main SoF2 directory and in ~/.sof2 ? Are you sure the owner is set correctly?

Thanks!

Oh obviously my bad, i forgot to change the permissions in ~/.sof2 ...
Thanks for the hint, it's working fine now!

As for my first issue not being able to start the server with a normal user: also wrong permissions, once fixed server starts perfectly.

Thank you!

#586 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

Glad you got it sorted out, if you run into more issues don't hesitate to ask!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#587 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

A small update regarding the Client Additions, I improved the file checking a little further and fixed a bug I introduced causing .pk3 files with spaces to not work anymore.

The new Client Additions are 1.21 and will naturally be included tomorrow instead. Your SoF2 client will also download both 1.20 and 1.21.

Punisher, I recommend you upgrade the server tomorrow to 0.82n.009 and upload the new 1.21 files to the server. New players will instantly be able to play then. Do note that you need the latest nightly in order for the server to work with the new 1.21 files.

I hope the additions are all fixed up now. Let me know if you run into more trouble.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#588 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 17 December 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

A small update regarding the Client Additions, I improved the file checking a little further and fixed a bug I introduced causing .pk3 files with spaces to not work anymore.

The new Client Additions are 1.21 and will naturally be included tomorrow instead. Your SoF2 client will also download both 1.20 and 1.21.

Punisher, I recommend you upgrade the server tomorrow to 0.82n.009 and upload the new 1.21 files to the server. New players will instantly be able to play then. Do note that you need the latest nightly in order for the server to work with the new 1.21 files.

I hope the additions are all fixed up now. Let me know if you run into more trouble.

Will do this, get back to you once we were able to test it with multiple people.

-- EDIT

Just added it to the christmas server and everything seems to be working fine now for me now.
Will ask others to check it out.

Also it now checks if you also have the map in your base folder, and won't download if you have it in there?
It didn't download the maps which were already in my base folder, while i didn't had them in my 1fx. rocmod folder.

Great job and fast change. :)

Edited by ShinChan, 18 December 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

#589 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

Hey Puni,

No it doesn't, it should only check the 1fx.rocmod directory. Now that I think of it, that would've been the proper way to check for paks. Oh well, maybe in a future update, who knows.

I just checked the HoP xmas server and for me it doesn't download anything, probably because you haven't updated this file yet. The paks should be on the same line, space delimited. From the MK server I downloaded everything just fine.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#590 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostBoeMan, on 18 December 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hey Puni,

No it doesn't, it should only check the 1fx.rocmod directory. Now that I think of it, that would've been the proper way to check for paks. Oh well, maybe in a future update, who knows.

I just checked the HoP xmas server and for me it doesn't download anything, probably because you haven't updated this file yet. The paks should be on the same line, space delimited. From the MK server I downloaded everything just fine.

Will change the download file.
Posted Image

#591 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

Hi
I'm using 1fx.rocmod Gold with .wnt botroutes.  I've come up against a problem which i've never seen before.
Some botroutes which worked perfectly for custom maps before now have only around 4 bots out of 11 following the
routes and all the others remain static. Others (like jordan_nights) work perfectly.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
I'm using 1fx. Mod 0.81-win32 (v1.03). Do i have to add anything for all the botroutes to work ?

#592 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostMiche, on 20 December 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hi
I'm using 1fx.rocmod Gold with .wnt botroutes.  I've come up against a problem which i've never seen before.
Some botroutes which worked perfectly for custom maps before now have only around 4 bots out of 11 following the
routes and all the others remain static. Others (like jordan_nights) work perfectly.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
I'm using 1fx. Mod 0.81-win32 (v1.03). Do i have to add anything for all the botroutes to work ?

Possible to share one of the botroutes for the custom maps so we can test it out? We haven't set any bots on custom maps, so i don't know if we have the same issue on our servers.

Edited by ShinChan, 21 December 2017 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

#593 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Ok i sent you the botroutes for a xmas map but the problem is fixed now just in time for Christmas thanks!
1fx.rocmod doesn't recognize the gametype extensions we were using in our old mod.
Hope this might help someone else too !

xxxx.wnt and not xxxx_dm.wnt (or tdm/cctf etc)

Cheers

Miche

Edited by Miche, 22 December 2017 - 04:40 PM.

#594 Vera

Vera

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

Just cancel gametype suffix (used in some modes like Goldrush or FSmod, :rolleyes: )
So xxxx_dm.wnt become xxxx.wnt

Regards
FS

#595 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Hi again

Isn't that what i already said in my last post ?
ie. "xxxx.wnt and not xxxx_dm.wnt (or tdm/cctf etc)"

#596 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

Hi

We've got players complaining about too much recoil on some of the weapons.

In the server.cfg this is specified :
seta g_recoilRatio "0" // Ratio from 0 to 1. A lower value results in less
recoil, "1.0" is default, "0" is none. Only works with Client Additions enabled.

As i do not have client additions enabled, how can i configure the recoil and inaccuracy
settings please?
I saw this comment in the weapons file so apparently no chance of setting anything there :

// Only the following attributes will be parsed by the server:
// - name (must be left alone or the attributes won't be parsed)
// - mp_clipSize (or clipSize)
// - mp_radius (or radius)
// - mp_extraClips
// - mp_damage

Thanks
Miche

Edited by Miche, 25 December 2017 - 02:53 AM.

#597 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

Hi Miche,

When HoP was getting used to 1fx. Mod they had the exact same issue. Recoil on weapons seemed way too much but I could never technically point out why that was. I spent a couple of days trying to figure out why recoil appeared to be different.

In the end, ScarZ from HoP made comparison videos comparing the recoil in 1fx. Mod to that in ROCmod and vanilla SoF2. The videos showed that the recoil was the exact same in vanilla ROCmod and in vanilla SoF2 (without any mods). Therefore, we concluded that the recoil wasn't off at all in 1fx. Mod, here: http://1fx.uk.to/for...dpost__p__23432

I think it's because you're used to a lower recoil ratio, that's why this appears to be "off".
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#598 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi Boe,
yes we've been used to a lot less recoil and for our Xmas session some of the guys were shooting the tops off the trees :lol:

#599 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

Hi,

As we have a few players on our server using thermals or nv i was wondering if there is some way of limiting the use on
some maps.
In the mapcycles of our previous mod we had these  options to authorize or not :

disable_thermal "0"    or "1"
disable_NightVision "0"

#600 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostMiche, on 26 December 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hi Boe,
yes we've been used to a lot less recoil and for our Xmas session some of the guys were shooting the tops off the trees :lol:

You pretty much just gotta tweak it, and keep lowering it untill you find the balance you want. Pretty much no other option then that unfortunately.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users