650 replies to this topic

#61 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Nice work BoeMan, just uploaded the updated release to HouseOfPain, and it seems to be working great!

Awards are now working as they should.

Thanks again!

#62 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Specing A Player in 1st Person View To spectate a player in first person, make sure you have a 'USE' key setup.
To bind the Enter key open the console and type \bind ENTER +use
Now when you are specing a player you can press enter to view them as they see things.
Note this does not work on servers running v1.00 Admin Mod or SOFII MP Demo

I quoted this from sofplayers.co.uk

As you can read in the note, we cannot spectate players in 1st person in the 1fx. Mod on gold. On silver we used ''R'' but that doesn't seem to work on gold, and this bind also doesnt work. Hope it will be fixed, and sorry to bother you with this haha.
Thanks in advance :D
Tyler.

#63 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostTyl3r, on 27 May 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

Indeed, nades are very liked on gold.

And thanks for your 2nd preview!! The awards are a great addition to the mod! Thanks a lot!

View PostScarZ, on 28 May 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

Nice work BoeMan, just uploaded the updated release to HouseOfPain, and it seems to be working great!

Awards are now working as they should.

Thanks again!

Glad you like the changes!

View PostTyl3r, on 28 May 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

I quoted this from sofplayers.co.uk

As you can read in the note, we cannot spectate players in 1st person in the 1fx. Mod on gold. On silver we used ''R'' but that doesn't seem to work on gold, and this bind also doesnt work. Hope it will be fixed, and sorry to bother you with this haha.
Thanks in advance :D
Tyler.

Nice find, I didn't even encounter this yet. I'll fix it. What do you prefer? Either the use fix or the classic R key?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#64 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

Anybody get server crash with this error: S_RegisterSound: empty_name

We were playing and all of the sudden and server crashed, did it like twice on the same map today while I was in.

Another member said it happened to them previously as well.

Also, I get it whenever I do #n as well!  Just wondering if anyone else experienced it?

Edited by ScarZ, 28 May 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#65 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 28 May 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Nice find, I didn't even encounter this yet. I'll fix it. What do you prefer? Either the use fix or the classic R key?

I think that the players on gold are more used to the +use bind. But it's hard for me to decide haha. I should do the +use bind.

We encountered another issue today, multiple times. After the medals, everbody's game crashes wit the error: empty name. (For some reason not after all maps, but we experienced this twice today)
The same error appears (and crash) when you type #n.

Edit: I see scarz was just a few mins earlier than me ;)

Edited by Tyl3r, 28 May 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#66 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

Ah, nice find. That's because the server expects you to have the "NEXT" sound, which is by default in RPM but not in ROCmod. You can fix it by adding the a sound with the number "176" to the server or by waiting for the next pre-release (since this is obviously undefined behaviour).

As for the first person spectating, what do other Gold players think about it?

Edit: here is an updated 1fx_SoundPack.vchat file that fixes the #n crash issue: http://boeboe.uk.to/...SoundPack.vchat
You don't need to restart the server, a map restart should be a sufficient after replacing the original 1fx_SoundPack file with this one.

A real fix will be available in the next preview.

Edited by BoeMan, 28 May 2015 - 10:44 PM.

Kind regards,

BoeMan

#67 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 28 May 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Ah, nice find. That's because the server expects you to have the "NEXT" sound, which is by default in RPM but not in ROCmod. You can fix it by adding the a sound with the number "176" to the server or by waiting for the next pre-release (since this is obviously undefined behaviour).

Edit: here is an updated 1fx_SoundPack.vchat file that fixes the #n crash issue: http://boeboe.uk.to/...SoundPack.vchat
You don't need to restart the server, a map restart should be a sufficient after replacing the original 1fx_SoundPack file with this one.

Thanks,

Put all sounds up to 200, #n working like a charm now!

Oh, and I am fine with the +use bind myself, but I'm really not too particular!

Edited by ScarZ, 28 May 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#68 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 28 May 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

I dont think it matter to be honest. Im use to it being R but +use is just fine too. It's just a really habdy feature to be able to have regardless of button :).

Thanks for informing us of how to stop the crash regarding missing sounds as we were all confused lol.

I have another question you may or may not be able to answer regarding bots.

We gave a few setup in the server that are running perfectly on CTF but when it comes to Deathmatch they seems to revert back to using just shotgun.
We changed all the bot weights as suggested by hEckLeR and they use various weapons now on CTF but just not dm.
Now we have messed around with them tweaking them to see if we could resolve it with no joy.

Im just curioys do we need to make 2 files one for teambased gametypes and one for individual gametypes such as dm for the bots to understand?.

#69 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

If it doesn't really matter what button it's going to be, I think, for 1fx. Mod's sake, it's best I keep it at R so it's the same on both games.

Regarding the bots, what have you come up with already? Can you show me the botfiles?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#70 ScarZ

ScarZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

These are the botfiles that are currently on the server which Akademiks posted about.

Yeah, for some reason, they automatically use shotguns on deathmatch.  We have tried setting the weapon weights to just about everything and nothing seems to work.

Attached File  botfiles.zip   26.2K   142 downloads

#71 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

I'll check it out and if bugged, I'll try to fix it before the next preview.

I just included the first/third person spectating, should work fine now (R and use key both work).
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#72 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

I've been away for a couple of weeks and just got back at coding. The way it seems right now I'm able to include HTTP downloading for clients. :) It doesn't require anything else than a simple .pk3 download from the server during connect (about 500K, could be worse..), the rest of the maps will be fetched over HTTP.

This means changes to the client of ROCmod. That's no problem (I hope), but it does mean I'll change a couple of things such as the "home folder" (i.e. the "rocmod" directory to something else). The good thing about this is that I can now include the remaining v1.00 nades into v1.03, meaning you'll soon have access to H&S and Zombies as well.

Keep an eye on this topic on how things go in motion. I hope you like the upcoming changes for the 3rd preview.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#73 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Hell yeah boe sounds cool , i thought production of the gold side of things just stopped so its nice to know you are still working on it.

Keep us posted mate.

Oh while i remember .... Is it possible to include a anti camp punishment system ? Im struggling with some players on gold from camping.
I would normally explain but the language barrier is stopping me since most of our traffic does appear to be non english speaking egyptians :(

Edited by Akademiks, 25 June 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#74 empy

empy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

Fuck yea this is what I hoped for!

#75 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostAkademiks, on 25 June 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Hell yeah boe sounds cool , i thought production of the gold side of things just stopped so its nice to know you are still working on it.

Keep us posted mate.

Oh while i remember .... Is it possible to include a anti camp punishment system ? Im struggling with some players on gold from camping.
I would normally explain but the language barrier is stopping me since most of our traffic does appear to be non english speaking egyptians :(

View Postshanghai, on 25 June 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

Fuck yea this is what I hoped for!

Glad you guys like it. :)

As for the anticamp system, perhaps you're right. I was always against anti camp because I think it breaks gametypes like Hide&Seek and in some cases even Infiltration (camping bunker can be fundamental to stop briefcase extraction in the end of a round). Since most of you guys really want this, I'll likely include this in a later stadium.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#76 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 614 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

Port it to 1.00 too then plisse ok men yes
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#77 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

I won't make HTTP downloading for 1.00 for some reasons:

- cl_allowDownload is set to 0 by default, unlike on Gold. This means the majority of the people on Gold automatically fetch your .pk3s from the server prior to joining the game. This doesn't happen at all on 1.00.
- 1.00 uses 2k3 client primarily, which is closed source. Making them switch to something else will be hard if not impossible.
- 1.03 needs some fixes in order to get the additional gametypes, so making a custom client makes a lot of sense.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#78 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

Hi boe,

I have a quick question regarding the 1fx mod not aimed just at gold but as a whole.

Is it possible to have a feature where when a client connects that you could have a website page displayed instead of a server motd ?

I dont know if you have ever seen it on counterstrike source (i think) where you could do that?.

I think it would be sick little feature to have allowing you to provide a more in depth knowledge base for the server rules and guidelines inlucing the ability to have translations of popular visitor languages since it would be done via a web page.

I always find that i can't always fit all the information i would like to add in the server motd.

It's more then likely not possible but you don't know till you ask i suppose. :)

#79 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4027 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

This would be very possible if we had the full source of SoF2. Unfortunately it's lacking, making it really hard to make Mods that truly extend the capabilities of the game.

The HTTP downloader is already really pushing the limit and I still have a few issues that need to be properly sorted out. So, unless I want to spend weeks or even months on getting your suggestion to work, I'm just going to state this is impossible until someone finds the time to prove any of us otherwise.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#80 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Ahh shame , it was worth a ask i suppose :)

Thank you for taking the time to responde boe.

Edited by Akademiks, 05 July 2015 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users