#601 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

Is it possible to have H&Z start with multiple zombies e.g 2 zombies, instead of 1? Or is it only possible to start it with 1 zombie?
Posted Image

#602 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Hi,
Now that our m8 clan is running 1fx.rocmod on the Proclans server things are running smoothly (just missing a few things which i told Boe about).

A big problem which i haven't been able to solve is the strange behaviour concerning player and bot respawns on some custom maps.
These maps always worked well with our previous mod and also the AI mod.
If i take Valley of Kings as an example, it seems there are only a couple of respawn points being used on this big map.
I even made another .wnt botroute file for it and know it should have around 15 respawn points.

I deleted all other Rocmod files on the server in case there was a file conflict somewhere but it hasn"t changed anything.

Seems there's an element missing for some custom maps so that they work correctly.
Any ideas would be welcome :)

In the meantime i'll have to remove all maps which don't work from the server.

#603 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

Hi again all !

I just sent a mail to Boe explaining about our bot respawn problem.
In fact this was only seen on 2 maps (so far!) and has been fixed (thanks to Vera).
An error by the map creator (in the bsp file) which only showed up when we played the map with fx mod.
This was solved by adding an entity file (modified .ent)  to the maps folder for dm gametype. Now we have all bots respawning
in the different locations.

So no problem with the FX mod for Gold. BTW it's still very popular on our server !

#604 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hello again Fx crew

I've got a PS for you concerning a possible modification in a later Gold version.
I don't know how many other clan Admins use "ghost mode" for following suspected cheaters in a game without
them knowing but in our old Rocmod based mod we had a possibility of doing this.

In the CVAR list we had this option enabled (set to 1)  :

ROCMOD CVAR g_allowAdminGhost

Do you think it'd be possible ?

Thanks

Miche

#605 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostMiche, on 07 February 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Hello again Fx crew

I've got a PS for you concerning a possible modification in a later Gold version.
I don't know how many other clan Admins use "ghost mode" for following suspected cheaters in a game without
them knowing but in our old Rocmod based mod we had a possibility of doing this.

In the CVAR list we had this option enabled (set to 1)  :

ROCMOD CVAR g_allowAdminGhost

Do you think it'd be possible ?

Thanks

Miche
Sorry for the rather late reply.

1fx uses a diffirent command and goes regarding their minimum level restriction.

seta g_followEnemy        "1" Checks wether clients are allowed to follow enemies while dead.
seta g_adminSpec        "4" will make admins of level 4 able to ghost the enemy while being dead. (if im not wrong level 4 is S-admin)
Posted Image

#606 Vera

Vera

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostShinChan, on 19 February 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

Sorry for the rather late reply.

1fx uses a diffirent command and goes regarding their minimum level restriction.

seta g_followEnemy "1" Checks wether clients are allowed to follow enemies while dead.
seta g_adminSpec "4" will make admins of level 4 able to ghost the enemy while being dead. (if im not wrong level 4 is S-admin)

Hi,

Sorry but these CVAR are only useful in CTF gametype, and not efficient in DM

Miche was speaking about real Ghost mode wich could be launched by a dead Admin by typing "WALK" button in the old Rocmod mode.
Ghost mode is verry useful for discreetly spying a suspicious player, better than spectator status

Regards

#607 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

Hi

Thanks for the reply SC but Vera is right, that we really need that possibility when playing DM gametype.
Best way if you want to make a demo souvenir of an aimbotter.

#608 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

View PostVera, on 19 February 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hi,

Sorry but these CVAR are only useful in CTF gametype, and not efficient in DM

Miche was speaking about real Ghost mode wich could be launched by a dead Admin by typing "WALK" button in the old Rocmod mode.
Ghost mode is verry useful for discreetly spying a suspicious player, better than spectator status

Regards
Haven't heard of that function, tbh.
Anyhow speccing the person by going into spectator should do the same, as long as the "walk ghosting" function isn't in 1fx. The only diffirence is that they know you are either spectating somebody or you are afk.
Posted Image

#609 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

The ghost mode is a way of speccing without showing it.
When you get shot you just show as being dead on the score screen but in reality you can be in ghost mode following the player
you suspect is cheating. Anyone with a minimum of intelligence would switch his wallhack off as soon as he sees you as spectator,
especially as the "Admin" and "Sysop" are brightly displayed on the player list so any player can guess what you're doing if you're
sitting in spec.

#610 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Hi there Miche,

If you set the g_adminSpec CVAR correctly, certain Admin levels can already spectate all players when dead, including ghost mode (press space when dead). I don't know how that feature would differ from the already present functionality.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#611 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hi again Boe,
Ok thanks.
ATM i have this in the server.cfg :

seta g_adminSpec "5" // Specifies which Admin Level & higher is allowed to spec the opposite team (even when g_followEnemy is set to 1).

It talks about the opposite team so does that mean only gametypes with 2 teams or would this be effective in DM also?

On the subject of Admin i think there's a small error when you type adm in the console (see attached please).
The "Adminremove" and Removeadmin" show as being authorized for an Admin level 2.
In reality it's not the case but just a problem in display list as only S-Admin and Rcon can
remove an Admin from the list.

Also, on the subject of Admins, we have this specification in our server.cfg file :

seta g_preferSubnets "1" // If set to 1, Admins and Clan Members will be added (and checked on) the subnet. Cannot be used with g_passwordAdmins.

But some players seem to have problems 'losing' their Admin and i think it's probably due to the dynamic ip@ where the system think that the player is
connecting from a different address so invalidates the Admin. That would explain why some never have any problems while others always do.
Is it the same problem for a clan member on the server ?  If the ip@ changes then i suppose that he's no longer seen as a clan member ?

I read a post in the forum about the option of using a password for Admin access.
We have this set in our file :

seta g_passwordAdmins "0" // Specifies if the Password system for Admins with Dynamic IPs should be enabled.

If i set to "1" then we could use the password system but i'm sorry but i didn't understand how the server owner can give the Admin rights to a player
using Rcon. Maybe i missed a post in the forum which explained how to do that.

In our previous mod, the Admin and Ban controls were made using the player's unique Guid number and with which any ip@ or tag name could be used.
The new system with FX is taking some getting used to !

Sorry this post is a bit lengthy but i prefer to list everything on the one post.
Thanks in advance !

Cheers

Miche

Attached Thumbnails

• pb_list_admin.png

Edited by Miche, 07 March 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#612 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:21 AM

ATM i have this in the server.cfg :

seta g_adminSpec "5" // Specifies which Admin Level & higher is allowed to spec the opposite team (even when g_followEnemy is set to 1).

It talks about the opposite team so does that mean only gametypes with 2 teams or would this be effective in DM also?
In DM you don't have to wait to spawn, so no, that doesn't apply to DM. You've set g_adminSpec to 5 now, meaning no Admin is able to spec someone from the opposite team (you've effectively disabled it). The default value of 4 is usually a good choice, since it allows S-Admins to spectate players from the opposite team.

On the subject of Admin i think there's a small error when you type adm in the console (see attached please).
The "Adminremove" and Removeadmin" show as being authorized for an Admin level 2.
In reality it's not the case but just a problem in display list as only S-Admin and Rcon can
remove an Admin from the list.
Adminremove is a bit of an oddity in the Admin list, you've encountered that correctly. It's mostly a dynamic value depending on what g_badmin, g_admin and g_sadmin are set to. It is now always shown as 2, I'll change that (even though that still means that if g_badmin is set to 3 and g_admin is set to 4, an Admin is only able to add or remove B-Admins).

Also, on the subject of Admins, we have this specification in our server.cfg file :

seta g_preferSubnets "1" // If set to 1, Admins and Clan Members will be added (and checked on) the subnet. Cannot be used with g_passwordAdmins.

But some players seem to have problems 'losing' their Admin and i think it's probably due to the dynamic ip@ where the system think that the player is
connecting from a different address so invalidates the Admin. That would explain why some never have any problems while others always do.
Is it the same problem for a clan member on the server ?  If the ip@ changes then i suppose that he's no longer seen as a clan member ?

I read a post in the forum about the option of using a password for Admin access.
We have this set in our file :

seta g_passwordAdmins "0" // Specifies if the Password system for Admins with Dynamic IPs should be enabled.

If i set to "1" then we could use the password system but i'm sorry but i didn't understand how the server owner can give the Admin rights to a player
using Rcon. Maybe i missed a post in the forum which explained how to do that.

In our previous mod, the Admin and Ban controls were made using the player's unique Guid number and with which any ip@ or tag name could be used.
The new system with FX is taking some getting used to !
Since GUIDs are easily spoofed inside Gold, the Mod still depends on the players IP (this is the safest way of authentication). You can also add a player to the passworded Admin list, meaning he can log-on from any IP given the name and password entered match.

For a detailed guide related to this system refer to this post.

What I meant with "using the pass parameter" is adding an Admin as such: !addbadmin miche pass

This will trigger the passworded Admin system, given if g_passwordAdmins is set to 1 by then.

Hope this helps!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#613 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Hi
I'm not sure if i mentioned this before but i was wondering if there could be any possibility of adding STQ (Smear The Queer) and CCTF to the available
gametype options in the game at some time in the future.
I used both of these in clan sessions a while back and most players enjoyed.

Thanks !
Miche

#614 Usdrama

Usdrama

Elite 1fx. Member

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 438 posts
  • Location~~*SkyHigh*~~

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

Smear the queer? You've piqued my curiosity.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#615 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

Lol !
Well we used to have that in our mapcycle with a previous mod.
It should work with most of the original mp maps.
A briefcase is situated somewhere on the map and all players have to get it and keep it as long as possible. The longer you keep it
the more points you get. Once you have the case you just look for a spot to hide until you've reached max score.

#616 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

View PostMiche, on 05 April 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

Lol !
Well we used to have that in our mapcycle with a previous mod.
It should work with most of the original mp maps.
A briefcase is situated somewhere on the map and all players have to get it and keep it as long as possible. The longer you keep it
the more points you get. Once you have the case you just look for a spot to hide until you've reached max score.
So it's basically caserun. 1fx mod should have that gt. :)
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#617 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

So why the fuck aren't we calling it the same as well. It's a good name and reminds me of Henkie for some reason. I wonder why... mhm. :unsure:
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#618 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

What do you mean under CCTF by the way? Have you tried changing g_ctfClassic? (0, 1, 2)
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#619 Miche

Miche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I tried seta g_ctfClassic "2" in the config.cfg and i managed to launch a game with a map which supports cctf.
There was cctf shown on the  screen and flags were where they should be but i couldn't take the enemy flag.
Maybe the Gold version doesn't include that gametype?
I'll try caserun and let you know if it works.

#620 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4012 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

You should always be able to take the enemy flag, so that sounds like an entity file problem. Some entity files have custom implementations for flags etc., rendering it incompatible with 1fx. Mod.

Try g_ctfClassic 1/2 with mp_kam2. If that works as expected we can continue to check where the problem lies in the entity file.

Kind regards,

BoeMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users