648 replies to this topic

#81 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hey boe.
I hope that it is not hard to include, but it would be very great to see the ''admin pass feature'' included in the 1fx. Mod on gold. Some admins do have dynamic IP's and they lose their admin everytime they connect.

#82 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

It's already included! It works the same as on the v1.00 version of the Mod.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#83 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

That is great to hear. I've tried it, but it says it's not available or something. I will ask the server maintainer to enable it in some way. Thanks.

#84 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, he just needs to flip a CVAR and it'll work. Please note you can't use the "passworded Admin" system and the "Admins on subnet IP" system at the same time, the latter setting will automatically disable the first when they are both enabled.

I have another matter I want to discuss in this topic. A requested feature was H&S/H&Z which I'm very close to making possible in the upcoming preview. Playing those gametypes requires a modified client which players need to download. I've taken advantage of this disadvantage by including the discussed HTTP downloader in the client and the UI.

Players that don't have the modified ROCmod client with the 1fx. additions will be automatically kicked from the server, since they can't play on H&S/H&Z servers without getting weird errors. Also, with the HTTP downloading, regular server downloading is disabled (except the modified client) meaning they can't join in regular ways if a map is playing they don't have. They need the files first.

Do you guys think that enforcing this setting is something Gold servers will actually use? Or are they too afraid to loose players that they'll cope with not having the HTTP downloader and just disabling it as a whole? This new system can only work properly if all Gold servers stick to the same setting and everybody enforces it.

I'd like your opinion on the matter.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#85 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

idk, as long as the file isn't to big for the regular download to download it first, it probably shouldn't be a big problem for the players, but it's theory so it could always be diffirent.
Posted Image

#86 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

How do i flip the cvar to enable this admin pass feature vote ? I might be being a retard so please no taking the mick out of me lol. Is it a command inside the server via a rcon cmd or is it located in the server cfg?.

Cheers boe

Ps. Thank you for all your work you are putting in we think your amazing and i totally appricate your efforts.

Edited by Akademiks, 21 July 2015 - 09:28 PM.

#87 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

I do not know if h&s will be a succes on gold. The normal autodownloader is pretty slow and the servers that are using downloadable things (like maps) aren't a very great succes as well. (Few exceptions).

#88 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

View Postpositief, on 20 July 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

idk, as long as the file isn't to big for the regular download to download it first, it probably shouldn't be a big problem for the players, but it's theory so it could always be diffirent.

It's 300-500 KB, not too shabby.

View PostAkademiks, on 21 July 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

How do i flip the cvar to enable this admin pass feature vote ? I might be being a retard so please no taking the mick out of me lol. Is it a command inside the server via a rcon cmd or is it located in the server cfg?.

Cheers boe

Ps. Thank you for all your work you are putting in we think your amazing and i totally appricate your efforts.

Server config. The CVAR is g_passwordAdmins. g_preferSubnets needs to be 0 in order for it to work.

I'm glad you appreciate it that much, it gives me motivation to carry on!

View PostTyl3r, on 21 July 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

I do not know if h&s will be a succes on gold. The normal autodownloader is pretty slow and the servers that are using downloadable things (like maps) aren't a very great succes as well. (Few exceptions).

That's what I hope to change.. If I look at neighbor Q3-based games like Wolfenstein Enemy:Territory I immediately notice how popular they are, and that almost every server has either custom mods or maps. They did have access to http downloading from the beginning.

As planned I'll just include it and we'll see what happens. I hope servers are going to enforce the setting, giving SoF2 a brighter future in my opinion.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#89 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hey boeman

How are we getting on with being able to 1st person spec players?. I have had a few instances now where this would of been ideal to spec suspected cheaters in our server.

#90 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

It's already included, but because of the many internal changes as of late (required for the new HTTP downloader) I haven't come around to fully testing the latest build yet. Therefore I can't determine if it's stable enough to release. It probably would've been better (for you) to publish another preview before starting with the HTTP downloader.

I'm going on holidays soon, so don't expect the next preview to be released in another month or so. Nevertheless you'll continue to be updated as soon as new updates arrive.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#91 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Have fun on vacation, where are you going to? ;)

Secondly, it ofcourse would be usefull but you can review it on refrag or another demo viewer, or so.

Also if the VPNtest is a success will this be included with the gold version too or just the full version?
Posted Image

#92 Tyl3r

Tyl3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

View Postpositief, on 28 July 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Secondly, it ofcourse would be usefull but you can review it on refrag or another demo viewer, or so.

Also if the VPNtest is a success will this be included with the gold version too or just the full version?

- Have fun boe!
- To add, I spectate in 3rd. Record it, watch it in 1st with Refrag2 and when I get back to ban him, he's gone. Haha.
- That would be great, there is a guy taking down servers and keeps on coming back in the server with a VPN. He avoids any kind of mute or ban by this. - He uses a VPN so we cant subnetban him, or innocent players might be banned aswell.

#93 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostScarZ, on 04 June 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

These are the botfiles that are currently on the server which Akademiks posted about.

Yeah, for some reason, they automatically use shotguns on deathmatch.  We have tried setting the weapon weights to just about everything and nothing seems to work.

Attachment botfiles.zip

Your issue is still on my Todo (I haven't forgotten about it!), it's just not done yet. It will be looked at before the release of the next preview.

View Postpositief, on 28 July 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Canary Islands. :)

To both versions. Stuff that only affects the server mod, not the client, will make its way to both versions. The v1.00 and v1.03 "port" of the Mod are built from the same code, hence the high level of compatibility between both versions.

View PostTyl3r, on 28 July 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

- Have fun boe!
- To add, I spectate in 3rd. Record it, watch it in 1st with Refrag2 and when I get back to ban him, he's gone. Haha.
- That would be great, there is a guy taking down servers and keeps on coming back in the server with a VPN. He avoids any kind of mute or ban by this. - He uses a VPN so we cant subnetban him, or innocent players might be banned aswell.

Thanks.

I only hope public VPN blacklists are actually accurate. Tests will determine if they are.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#94 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostScarZ, on 04 June 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

These are the botfiles that are currently on the server which Akademiks posted about.

Yeah, for some reason, they automatically use shotguns on deathmatch.  We have tried setting the weapon weights to just about everything and nothing seems to work.

Attachment botfiles.zip

This is apparantly an issue that's been in 1fx. Mod for 6 years already, and you're the first to notice. The BotWeaponWeights block in the "shipped" botfiles isn't configured properly, since you need to use the real weapon names rather than the WP_* names stated in the files.

I believe there are Mods on SoF2 that do support the WP_* names, so I've just fixed this bug. That means the WP_* names as they are in the bot files (and as stated in the code block below) should work in the upcoming preview and release as a whole (0.78).

// Bugged in 0.78t.2-pre and before. Will work in 0.78t.3-pre and 0.78 final and later.
BotWeaponWeights
{
	WP_NONE				0
	WP_KNIFE			0
	WP_M1911A1_PISTOL		0
	WP_US_SOCOM_PISTOL		0
	WP_M590_SHOTGUN			0
	WP_MICRO_UZI_SUBMACHINEGUN	0
	WP_M3A1_SUBMACHINEGUN		0
	WP_USAS_12_SHOTGUN		0
	WP_M4_ASSAULT_RIFLE		0
	WP_AK74_ASSAULT_RIFLE		0
	WP_MSG90A1_SNIPER_RIFLE		0
	WP_M60_MACHINEGUN		0
	WP_MM1_GRENADE_LAUNCHER		0
	WP_RPG7_LAUNCHER		0
	WP_M84_GRENADE			0
	WP_SMOHG92_GRENADE		0
	WP_ANM14_GRENADE		0
	WP_M15_GRENADE			0
}

I understand it will be annoying to wait for the upcoming preview. Fortunately a workaround using the real weapon names is available. If you want to tackle this problem right now, use the code block below and change the weights accordingly.

// Updated weapon weights compatible with all 1fx. Mod versions (past, present and future).
BotWeaponWeights
{
	No Weapon			0
	Knife				0
	M1911A1				0
	US SOCOM			0
	Silver Talon			0
	M590				0
	Micro Uzi			0
	M3A1				0
	MP5				0
	USAS-12				0
	M4				0
	AK74				0
	Sig 551				0
	MSG90A1				0
	M60				0
	MM1				0
	RPG7				0
	M84				0
	SMOHG92				0
	ANM14				0
	M15				0
	M67				0
	F1				0
	L2A2				0
	MDN11				0
}

I've also added the remaining weapons (of SoF2 Gold) to this code block, they were missing from the files because they are the same files as we use on SoF2 v1.00. The "real weapon names" in the code block above will continue to work onwards, both "systems" are supported in the next preview and later. So switching your botfiles to the bahaviour above will not break them in the future.

P.S.: The last 4 nades in the last code block don't work right now, but they will be working in the upcoming preview (v1.00 nades for "special gametypes").
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#95 l00natic.

l00natic.

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

happy holidays boobmens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Posted Image

#96 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

I have a request but idk if it's worth working on, even tho it would be just a small change.
As Ultrastats is outdated and some servers on gold would still like to have their own logger and stats viewer, i've been looking for a "sof2 stats viewer".
Finding BigBrotherBot/B3 but it'll only work with a modified client including a few lines of code which are required for B3.

http://forum.bigbrot...a=view;down=162

Looking at OTHER MODS (MAKING SoF2 COMPATIBLE WITH B3):

Giving you the codes which needs to be including to be able to run B3 on the servers.
Posted Image

#97 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

I will make 1fx. Mod compatible with this B3, expect it to be included in the next preview.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#98 aKademiks

aKademiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

I noticed a bug with the mod Boeman ... It could possibly be just me but i thought i would share it just in case it is a global problem.

When you connect to a server with a password added to it and you get it wrong obviously it says "password incorrect" but thr box to enter password disappears and does not show up again without closing he game and loading it back up.
Even typing the correct password in console using /password and reconnect it  still says the same.

The other thing i wanted to ask is ... Is it possible to add maps to certian vote options?

So for example say 5 minutes before a map change is due (map cycle) is it possible to have a automatic vote called allowing players to vote fir their next map they wish to play !

For example ...

F1 = Jor1 (CTF)
F2 = Shoo2 (CTF)

The map with the majority of votes would then me selected as the next map.

Excuse my crap explanation on this lol but im sure you get my drift.

#99 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4026 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

Are you sure that's not a client bug? Try to temporarily remove the ROCmod client and see if the bug is still there.

The automatic map voting is a long standing thing on my todo, it will be included once 0.78 is final for v1.00, as well as anticamp.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#100 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 21 August 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Are you sure that's not a client bug? Try to temporarily remove the ROCmod client and see if the bug is still there.

The automatic map voting is a long standing thing on my todo, it will be included once 0.78 is final for v1.00, as well as anticamp.
It's not a client bug. Whenever you enter the correct password it'll say "Invalid password", but it'll join the server.
When you try to reconnect it'll still say "Invalid password" but it won't pop-up the password screen nor will it let you join the server. It'll just say awaiting gamestats 1... 2... 3.. etc...
When i do this with a normal rocmod 2.1c server, it will not do that. It'll let you join normally, and whenever you enter the wrong password it'll let you show the password screen again.

I also have a question, does caserun also work on gold or only for full?
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users