#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4019 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hi guys,

I might implement a system that rejects most public VPNs in the future. This will go against people bypassing unbans and such, so it would be a very useful feature to implement.

Obviously this brings a level of risk with it. In the worst case, perfectly normal players would be blocked from playing on the server even though they don't use a VPN at all. That's why I want to field test a couple of implementations outside the server before coming up with a similar feature inside the Mod.

If you guys would be awesome enough to go to http://boeboe.uk.to/vpntest and post your score here, I'd be very happy. If you use VPNs, please test those as well and post the results here as well.

There's no such thing as "enough data analyzed" here, so if you let more people know outside 1fx. Forums and forward the results to me, that would be awesome as well.

Thanks!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

Isn't that pretty much useless?  There are so many vpns around the internet you can't block them all. if blocking like the most popular vpns i don't think it's going to take too long to google for something that 1fx does not block. But is still a nice idea i've had something like this in my mind a while ago, but wasn't sure if it was worth the time and effort to implement something like this due to large amount of free services on the internet.

If already doing something like this, are you planning to ban each ip or what do you have in your mind to make it as efficient as possible?
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#3 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4019 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

There are massive lists available online, constantly being updated, that contain all those ranges. If the most widely used VPNs and anonymous proxies are blocked there's at least 80% of the banned players that try to use a VPN that are still blocked. That's pretty neat imo. That doesn't take away that I first want to test the system thoroughly so real players aren't blocked.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#4 Bean

Bean

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:11 AM

A problem will be private VPN 's.

Your score: 0.99438399076462

#5 google

google

Advanced Member

• Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

Can't block all vps ip's :)

#6 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 614 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

The point here is not blocking every IP which might be a VPN, this is just to make it smaller (blocking some which are 99% vpn or such).

Home net: Your score: 0.892
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#7 Henkie

Henkie

Developer

• Administrators
  • -2953 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'm gonna get a perm ban for sure

Your score: 0.34999999403954

- Hodor
DO NOT Contact me: henkie@1fxmod.org
Posted Image

#8 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

GF net - Your score: 0
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

#9 arqo

arqo

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

my score is 0.2

#10 Usdrama

Usdrama

Elite 1fx. Member

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 438 posts
  • Location~~*SkyHigh*~~

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

What does the score mean?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Janno

Janno

henkie loves me

• Moderators
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

It's the probability of your IP being an VPN.

I tested it by getting a digitalocean VPS and turning it into an OpenVPN server, tried both with UK, Germany and US, all scored 1 on your test hh.
HENKHODOREHODOREHODORE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users