5 replies to this topic

#1 maestro11

maestro11

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

Hey guys just for the heck of it I thought to ask you a little about the zombie mod and maybe think about making it even better!

-What if make it like a elimination format, like for example if players kill all the zombies they win the round and if zombies infect all people they win the round?

-I would do it like people already start off with weapons of their choice and some fun custom nades like the one of the force field also there could be the default fire one and maybe a nade?

-The first zombie has to be quciker than human speed but drawn back if people shoot at him, also he has to have a bigger jump then humans, he is like the main zombie and has a lot of health to try to infect a minion zombie. his minion zombies are also not easily killed but still much more easily than the main zombie.

-To add a horror element to it if it's possible I would make maps a lot darker with practically no light and if it's possible I would make a flashlight to light a certain area of the crosshair of every human.

Let me give you a video to tell more of what I mean. I dunno bros if it's possible or what you think, but I do think this zombie mod thingy could be very very very fun for sof 2 community! :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=fIv3vWZdRBw

#2 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:48 AM

Sup Maestro,
Puni here,

-What if make it like a elimination format, like for example if players kill all the zombies they win the round and if zombies infect all people they win the round?
The point of the game is for the humans to survive the round. The Players win if they survived the round, and the Zombies win if everybody got infected.

-I would do it like people already start off with weapons of their choice and some fun custom nades like the one of the force field also there could be the default fire one and maybe a nade?
Everybody starts of with a M590, and whenever you kill a zombie it'll drop a weapon based on your score / killed zombies.
After a certain amount of kills you'll get like a Sun nade that rejects the zombies from getting there.

-The first zombie has to be quciker than human speed but drawn back if people shoot at him, also he has to have a bigger jump then humans, he is like the main zombie and has a lot of health to try to infect a minion zombie. his minion zombies are also not easily killed but still much more easily than the main zombie.
Pretty good idea, imo.

-To add a horror element to it if it's possible I would make maps a lot darker with practically no light and if it's possible I would make a flashlight to light a certain area of the crosshair of every human.
Don't think it would be possible, as the lights are map related and not mod related.
And how would it be for zombies when it's dark? They'll get like Thermals? cuz they don't have a flashlight.
Posted Image

#3 maestro11

maestro11

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

ha ha brotha thanks puni for commenting, yes man I remember your opinion on it I just wanted to ask from developers is it like at all possible to do something like this in sof2 as in the video as I know so many people like to play it, just wanna know. I am not saying like the current one is bad or something, but the current one does need changes, but the one I am talking about is kinda completely different gameplay, so I just wanna know is my version possible at all, because I can invision it being very very fun, although ofc I am just a man and could be wrong, but this question has been bugging me alot.

PS. and yes zombies do have to have a nightvision by default in the settings i am proposing, the flashlight for humans could be kinda similar to the one in CS games

#4 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4025 posts
  • LocationFrysl├ón

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

There's also already a grenade that acts like a mine, but people hardly use it because it is only dropped when the ratio is in the advantage of the seeker. You are always welcome to also give suggestions for weapon drops though.

The first zombie also has an advantage, but only while he's alone. This is done because otherwise the first zombie would kill humans way too easily. We've already tested this once.

Darkness on existing maps is difficult like Punisher said, but then again, you can easily run a server on Gold with H&Z and some creepy custom maps.

If you do think that the current zombie mod needs changes, then please, do enlighten. I'm not planning to make a whole new H&Z gametype, the current one is here to stay.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#5 maestro11

maestro11

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Okay thanks boe, I will think about it man when we play some more zombies on Clan Nights then update about this topic. I just got too much insipration from zombie plague in cs lol. But either way  I will most certainly think about the potential improvements as it seems we get to test zombie mod with lots of people and I could help you with some insight guys. Maybe even record a video next time when we play in CN and show to you how it looks so we can improve it a little! Overall I do like the idea and experience is amazing. For me personally yes ofc I kinda like zombie plague verison in cs more, no pun intended as there is a strong horror element to it and even as I am a grown up sometimes there are real jumpscares happening in plague its fucking unbelievable lol. But yeah cya soon then!!!

#6 ShinChan

ShinChan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:48 AM

He already shits his pants on the current H&Z on a fairly bright map, let alone with the suggestions he made about a dark map and a flashlight. :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users