#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Hi guys!

Like I said in the 0.81 release post, Demo will be officially a thing in 0.82, starting with the first nightly released a couple of days ago.

Differences between 1fx. Mod on Demo and on Full
There is no client Mod for Demo, that means some stuff will be missing from the Demo build. The key difference between the Demo and Full build is that Demo has no support for CTF, H&S or H&Z. Currently, you can still set those gametypes in 1fx. Mod, but the server will behave strangely and the server and/or your client may crash.

Support for those gametypes can be included with a proper client, but I don't plan on developing one. Other than that, there are minor differences, but 90% of the core is already working.

Installing 1fx. Mod for MP TEST/Demo
Note that in this stage it is only available as a nightly/test build. Installing 1fx. Mod is pretty easy, and can be installed using the nightly procedure. Head over to the Nightly page, download the latest base files from the table below and the latest core game.

The base files contain the required files for your SoF2 directory. Copy the SoF2MP-Test.exe file and 1fx directory from the v1.02t/Server files to your own SoF2MP Test directory, preferably a clean installation. You can get clean demo files here, if needed. The patched .exe is a hard requirement to run 1fx. Mod, else it won't load the DLL. The .exe is patched in such a way that demo restrictions are gone, allowing .DLL mods to be loaded.

Now you need to install the core Mod file. The core files contain that required file. Copy the sof2mp_gamex86.dll from the v1.02t/win32 directory to the newly created 1fx directory in your SoF2MP Test directory.

Configure your server with the supplied Config.cfg, the mapcycle in the files/mapcycle.txt file and start the server using the Start Server.bat file. Done!

Playing on our servers
We're currently hosting some servers running 1fx. Mod, which are ideal for testing purposes. If you like to manage/maintain one, be sure to contact me. You can find the servers in the in-game serverlist.

That was it for an initial introduction post. I'd like you all to post suggestions and bug reports in this topic. As always, lack of interest results in little extras to be added, so let your voice be heard!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

This post is reserved for bugs/suggestions.

Currently known bugs:
  • Kick doesn't work. -> Fixed in n.002.
  • Burn not applied on player, but on area. -> WONTFIX, simply not in MP TEST anywhere.
  • Hitreg is off (? better this way?)
  • Clients crash if a weapon is disabled in the outfitting, e.g. nades. -> Fixed in n.004.

Kind regards,

BoeMan

#3 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

Bugs:
  • The !devmap command on DEMO is crashing the Server. -> Fixed in n.004.
  • Unlocking/Locking is not working properly on DEMO, people can still join the game, even if the teams are locked. -> Not bugged, we probably just all had Admin. When you're Admin, you can still join a locked team.

Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#4 jaffa

jaffa

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

1fx test server bugs:

!ri and !ro doesn't work
if ro players get kb
-> !ri fixed in n.004 and ro in n.005.

#5 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:42 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the bug reports. I resumed tweaking the MP TEST build today, with the following changes:
  • Fixed commands like !nn (no nades) not working, because at least one weapon per weapon category had to be enabled in the outfitting. You can disable all weapons now again, like you can on v1.00 and v1.03. At least one weapon per category will appear to be enabled in the player outfitting, even if this isn't the case in-game.
  • Fixed devmap not working correctly, the Admin command is fixed and it now works from RCON too. To start the first map with cheats, use the new g_developerMap CVAR and set it to 1 in the mapcycle file.
    Like so:
    mapcycle
    {
    	map0
    	{
    		command "map mp_shop"
    		cvars
    		{
    			g_developerMap 1
    			fraglimit 0
    			timelimit 20
    			g_gametype inf
    			g_motd "Next map is mp_shop [DM]"
    		}
    	}
    }

• Fixed the respawn timers not working correctly. Respawn timers are used when you play CTF. They work again, including the !ri (respawn interval) Admin command.
  • Fixed players renaming to "UnnamedPlayer". If this still happens, please report.
  • Nothing was changed to the lock command, I just checked it again, and it works as expected. The reason it didn't the last time was probably because we were all Admin.

In the near future I will take a look at the knockback problem. Can you tell me what players think of the hitreg? Is it better or worse than the original? If it's worse I will have another go at reverse engineering the demo specifics regarding hitreg.

That's it for today. The above changes will be the nightly of tomorrow. I'll make sure to update the demo servers tomorrow too. Enjoy testing, and remember to keep reporting things you encounter!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#6 lumpy

lumpy

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

i was messing with my maps on the MiX server. and i got it stuck on map money_pit. i guess my map of it dont work and none of the ones i found work either, so if u could please make the map shop that would be great. haha sorry

#7 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

Shek has panel access, he can restart it if needed!

More changes today! I have a fix for the knockback bug, and best of all it doesn't require an updated client. I need to do some final testing tomorrow and will push my changes then. The updated build will be online this Friday!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#8 SlytHren

SlytHren

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location>>>><<<<<

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

I Cannot Find My Server ...It is In Local Only

And No One Can Find The Server
WHY????????????????
:(

#9 SlytHren

SlytHren

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location>>>><<<<<

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Blade

Blade

Fattest Elite 1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostSlytHren, on 06 September 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

I Cannot Find My Server ...It is In Local Only

And No One Can Find The Server
WHY????????????????
:(

Check your firewall settings, allow sof2mp through it and also protocol type TCP with all ports.
If you're hosting on a router you have to do a port redirection.
I'm VERY fat

I'm flyin', I'm flyin', I'm flyin' high
So high

#11 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

You need to allow UDP, not TCP. Normally when you first start the server, Windows Firewall will prompt you to allow it. That'll do.

Like Blade says, if you have a router you need to port forward. There are guides here: https://portforward.com/
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#12 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4009 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

Since there is no other feedback regarding the MP TEST/Demo build, I assume everything is working fine and will mark the MP TEST build ready for release.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#13 SlytHren

SlytHren

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location>>>><<<<<

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

I Done But It  Also Fails

0 user(s) are reading this topic