#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4000 posts
  • LocationFrysl├ón

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

Good evening all,

1fx. Anticheat has long struggled with issues, as many of you v1.00 players are well aware of. The only sensible thing to do right now is to shut it down until is it ready to be maintained again.

AC is bypassed
Anyone familiar with computer security know one of the most basic rules: anything can be hacked. As is the case with Anticheat software such as 1fx. AC and Fairplay. Programming an Anticheat is a cat-and-mouse game: once new vulnerabilities are found, you do your best to fix it, push a release and wait until the point where another vulnerability is found. AC has been unmaintained for a very long time, up until the point where bypass software is freely available and we've seen a lot of people using wallhack (and other cheats) but still being able to run 1fx. AC and upload clean screenshots.

We knew at some point this would happen, resulting in 1fx. Anticheat no longer being reliable.

Loss of community trust
For the past couple of weeks I've been visiting SoF2 regularly, where I've had a lot of debate in-game with statements such as "AC can hack my PC" or "when I run AC I secretly mine bitcoins". Of course, this has never been the case and the people who claimed this are obviously never able to deliver any form of proof. What's worse is that a majority believes this is actually the case with 1fx. AC. As you might be able to understand, there is little motivation to develop software that isn't trusted by the community.

Looking for a new maintainer
With both Henkie and me not willing to develop 1fx. Anticheat further, there's no other option left. I'd rather spend my free time on other SoF2 projects. I've shutdown 1fx. AC until a volunteer steps up and is willing to take 1fx. AC to another level. If you're up for a challenge, and have the required knowledge about C and assembly, you can PM me or send an e-mail to boe@1fxmod.org.

I hope someone is willing to step up and take this project out of our hands. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but there's little point in keeping an Anticheat up and running which is bypassed and untrusted.

Peace out,

Boe.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users