#1 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Scout:
Primary weapon: SIG551 (being the scope an upgrade, I think we can disable it on default).
Secondary weapon: Micro UZI (being the second Micro UZI an upgrade, I think we can get the dual weapon code from the SP SDK).
Pistol: US SOCOM (Dual on upgrade)
Gadget: Default is flashbang.
Armor rating: 75%
Speed: 125%

Soldier:
Primary weapon: AK47 (the 'knife' thing on the end being an upgrade, along with extra ammo. Fuck the scope on this thing, makes it unrealistic).
Secondary weapon: M590.
Pistol: US SOCOM (Dual on upgrade)
Gadget: Default is SMOH.
Armor rating: 100%
Speed: 100%

Heavy:
Primary weapon: M60 with increased accuracy (otherwise this would be useless. Upgrades include bigger clips, more ammo and increased accuracy).
Secondary weapon: USAS12 with increased accuary, making this one very deadly.
Pistol: Silver Talon with increased accuracy, no option for dual on this one (upgrades include bigger clips and more ammo)
Gadget: MDN11 (a SMOH with more damage and bigger range, again, very deadly).
Armor rating: 150%
Speed: 50%

Demoman:
Primary weapon: RPG7 (one direct bullet hit is certainly not a kill, maybe a few HP left). Upgrades are more ammo.
Secondary weapon: MM1 (ideal for spraying, again, a direct hit is not a kill. Just a pretty big hit). Upgrades are wider range and more ammo.
Pistol: Silver Talon with increased accuracy, no option for dual. (upgrades include bigger clips and more ammo)
Gadget: F1 Nade with detonater (aka, C4/sticky nade). Upgrades are more damage/wider blast range.
Armor rating: 125%
Speed: 75%

Sniper:
Primary weapon: MSG90A1. (more damage/more ammo/softer sound being the upgrade)
Secondary weapon: M3A1 with increased accuracy (more ammo is the upgrade)
Pistol: US SOCOM with Silencer (more ammo/increased accuracy being the upgrade).
Gadget: Mine (L2A2)
Armor rating: 110%
Speed: 90%
(Maybe rip proune from SP SDK? So you can totally lay on the ground with sniper).

Medic:
Primary weapon: MP5 (Silencer being upgrade/more ammo/increased accuracy as well).
Secondary weapon: Health bag (the ones you also find on the ground, 10 HP per second, upgrade being faster healing).
Gadget: Paddles (to resurrect fallen members, this takes 5 seconds, upgrade being faster resurrect).
Armor rating: 90%
Speed: 110%
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#2 Blade

Blade

Fattest Elite 1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

I like the classes! But if you're dead, you just stay there until there is a medic?
And what do you do in the game? Is it just inf? Or are there minigames(like in TeamFortress)?

<3, Blade :P
I'm VERY fat

I'm flyin', I'm flyin', I'm flyin' high
So high

#3 Henkie

Henkie

Developer

• Administrators
  • -2954 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

View PostBlade, on 28 August 2010 - 11:09 AM, said:

I like the classes! But if you're dead, you just stay there until there is a medic?
And what do you do in the game? Is it just inf? Or are there minigames(like in TeamFortress)?

<3, Blade :P

This was my idea: If you're "dead" you have 30seconds until you bleed to death, in those 30 seconds a medic can revive you.

More ideas welcome!
Contact me: henkie@1fxmod.org
Posted Image

Current project:
OpenSoF2MP - https://bitbucket.org/1fx/opensof2mp/

#4 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

I was thinking, probably discussed this with you before.. On the radar a medic icon (The + thing) if a player needs help (G -> I need a medic! or w/e) or if a player needs to be revived.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#5 Blade

Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

I like henkies idea more, but i dont think much players will choose a medic. Maybe you should make if there are more then x players the next who's connecting is a medic.. If there's already a medic, this isnt enabled.
I'm VERY fat

So high

#6 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Well, I like Henkies idea as well. This is a separate one. :P
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#7 Blade

Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Okay, but what you need to do in the game? Is it inf, or are there minigames like in TF? (i like the minigames :lol: )
I'm VERY fat

So high

#8 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

Perhaps. We're focusing us on the 'core' of the Mod first.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#9 Mazi

Mazi

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

In my opinion it's awesome!

#10 Panzai

Panzai

• Moderators
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

Sensei Roooocks <3
Posted Image

#11 Paciwhore?

Paciwhore?

I <3 Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

heavy sounds too easy for campers. maybe lower armor to 125, keep speed 50.  imagine heavy camping in the heli sandbags. can spray ppl with m1 while sniper takes them out, and use the better shotty against rushes.  

maybe make medic a bit tastier - no-one just wants to be support. (maybe case = paddles so case carrier = medic... as he is supposed to stay behind the front line anyway, as for other team idk.)

and pacifist banned me reason: French....really its a racist ban..

#12 Paciwhore?

Paciwhore?

I <3 Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

perhaps the case carrier turns into medic. in addition, how about major inf change... blue team as per normal. red, instead of just killing blue, aim to get case into kitchen 'to incinerate contents' with random case spawn. stops lots of camping and lowers the risk of heavy soldier camping. any chance of mines?

#13 Blade

Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Just make anti-camp? :)
I'm VERY fat

So high

#14 Godzilla

Godzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationBehind my pc! (I am scared)

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

View PostHenkie, on 28 August 2010 - 11:43 AM, said:

This was my idea: If you're "dead" you have 30seconds until you bleed to death, in those 30 seconds a medic can revive you.

More ideas welcome!

You can either wait to bleed to death in 30 second, or choose to not wait and respawn faster.
Is better.
Posted Image

#15 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

It'll be an ELIM/INF game. So there will only be a respawn at the end of the round.

But to get back with that 30 second dying thing, it might work negative as players get mad when no-one revives them and tend to leave.. But I'll guess a field test will prove me either right or wrong.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#16 Godzilla

Godzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationBehind my pc! (I am scared)

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Didn't know that.
Posted Image

#17 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 3999 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

View PostPaciwhere?, on 28 August 2010 - 03:57 PM, said:

heavy sounds too easy for campers. maybe lower armor to 125, keep speed 50.  imagine heavy camping in the heli sandbags. can spray ppl with m1 while sniper takes them out, and use the better shotty against rushes.  

maybe make medic a bit tastier - no-one just wants to be support. (maybe case = paddles so case carrier = medic... as he is supposed to stay behind the front line anyway, as for other team idk.)

I'm not so sure about Heavy either. But we'll have to see that too. TF2 has this class, and it cannot be only campers. We'll make some adjustments once we've tested it.

Medic will have to pack some juice or, like you said, no one will play it.

View PostPaciwhere?, on 28 August 2010 - 04:37 PM, said:

perhaps the case carrier turns into medic. in addition, how about major inf change... blue team as per normal. red, instead of just killing blue, aim to get case into kitchen 'to incinerate contents' with random case spawn. stops lots of camping and lowers the risk of heavy soldier camping. any chance of mines?

I've thought about a new gametype around it as well. It would complete the picture and we could focus on (way) better gameplay.

But, my personal opinion, it will be better to stick to making the classes first, based on 'regular' gametypes and regular gameplay. The reason we'd to this is simple.. I don't want to spend 2 months making a gametype that's bound to fail, aka, no people want to play this form of game.

The future will be a tad unbalanced and even though the positive feedback we're getting from lots of places (forums), it won't prove a success formula yet.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#18 Stoppbiel

Stoppbiel

GOD

• Moderators
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationSuriname

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 28 August 2010 - 09:09 PM, said:

It'll be an ELIM/INF game. So there will only be a respawn at the end of the round.

But to get back with that 30 second dying thing, it might work negative as players get mad when no-one revives them and tend to leave.. But I'll guess a field test will prove me either right or wrong.

`Well medic will see them on radar, plus invisibility for medic at not moving, and they'll earn points.. And They can shot people.. LOl very attracting to me

#19 Paciwhore?

Paciwhore?

I <3 Blade

• Elite 1fx. Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

invisibility oO

#20 Henkie

Henkie

Developer

• Administrators
  • -2954 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

In enemy territory a medic has the capability to heal itself, that would be a good reason to choose medic.
But anyway when the test version is out im sure the classes won't be at equal strength..
That will need alot of modifying.
Contact me: henkie@1fxmod.org
Posted Image

Current project:
OpenSoF2MP - https://bitbucket.org/1fx/opensof2mp/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users