ShineX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey!

Here are my suggestions for the mod! I was going to suggest a few to BoeMan over msn but I guess it's much more effective if I post here for y'all to see and share your  feedback.

Now that I have 1fx mod on my server and using it a lot these couple of days I've really thought about ideas to improve the mod and maybe get some people to like 1fx or take an interest to!

Alright, I'll get to to...

Speed Platform
#1 The Speed Platform is an area on the ground which increases speed of whoever runs over it. Just like the boost things in the Mario Kart games, this will boost seekers and hiders. Running over this boost will speed you up twice as fast as you were running - you can enter it from any direction and you will be sped up to any direction - you walk it, you choose it. However using the Speed Boost will take away 5 hp everytime you cross it. This goes for hiders aswell as for seekers.

New noRoof CVAR
#2 The noRoof command (wait does 1fx mod have this? I heard you don't for some reason..) should be modified so that you can prevent unfair boosting... For example; let's take mp_shop. When there is 1 seeker the roof will be closed but when there is 2 seekers it will be opened. If there is 2 seekers at the start of the round then a seeker leaves. The roof will stayed open because it depends on how many seekers there were at the start of the round (when seekers get released). There should be a message displayed if someone boosts when only 1 seeker: "Not enough seekers, leave roof in '5-4-3-2-1' seconds."

Portal Gun
#3 This gun will be for randomized between the hiders or seekers!?!? This gun will shoot a portal (teleporter edit?? Or maybe something nicer). You need to shoot it twice, from and to. So if let's say a seeker is chasing a hider on a roof and he uses the gun he shoots a portal at top and then shoots at the ground and kills hider, he then can go back up to roof easily and kill other hiders. But this gun can be used by hiders and seekers. If gun is dropped same rule, both can be picked up by both teams.

#4 For some reason when ever I edit my teleport edits they are hard for it to show up on the server... I think the aligning in the mod is different to 2k3? I'm very use to 2k3 editing. Also you can adjust the height of the teles? Like where it shows or gets tele'ed to...?

#5 Why is there only 1 mapcycle file? I know I mention 2k3 a lot but they have a different mapcycle for each game type. Very useful! I set a H&S mapcycle and also a CTF and can easily swap between them on the server. They use "h&s.mapcycle.cfg" and "ctf.mapcycle.cfg" etc...

#6 why doesnt "!g H&S" ever work lol o.O is it a different command to change game type? I usually use rcon.

#7 Fall damage on? Maybe we should make it realistic? Whenever you fall off a high building you loose HP. So you have to be careful when jumping off. Now then hiders have to be smart and always on the lookout! This also will affect seekers! Maybe a HP regeneration after 30 seconds??

#8 More suggestions coming soon :D

I know that these suggestions have be been posted on various forums including this forum and old Xtreme Proboards forum (suggested for 2k3).

Opinions :) ?

Thanks.

#2 PoOoCe

PoOoCe

Advanced Member

• Anticheat Testers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationisreal

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostShineX, on 12 January 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Hey!

Here are my suggestions for the mod! I was going to suggest a few to BoeMan over msn but I guess it's much more effective if I post here for y'all to see and share your  feedback.

Now that I have 1fx mod on my server and using it a lot these couple of days I've really thought about ideas to improve the mod and maybe get some people to like 1fx or take an interest to!

Alright, I'll get to to...

Speed Platform
#1 The Speed Platform is an area on the ground which increases speed of whoever runs over it. Just like the boost things in the Mario Kart games, this will boost seekers and hiders. Running over this boost will speed you up twice as fast as you were running - you can enter it from any direction and you will be sped up to any direction - you walk it, you choose it. However using the Speed Boost will take away 5 hp everytime you cross it. This goes for hiders aswell as for seekers.

New noRoof CVAR
#2 The noRoof command (wait does 1fx mod have this? I heard you don't for some reason..) should be modified so that you can prevent unfair boosting... For example; let's take mp_shop. When there is 1 seeker the roof will be closed but when there is 2 seekers it will be opened. If there is 2 seekers at the start of the round then a seeker leaves. The roof will stayed open because it depends on how many seekers there were at the start of the round (when seekers get released). There should be a message displayed if someone boosts when only 1 seeker: "Not enough seekers, leave roof in '5-4-3-2-1' seconds."

Portal Gun
#3 This gun will be for randomized between the hiders or seekers!?!? This gun will shoot a portal (teleporter edit?? Or maybe something nicer). You need to shoot it twice, from and to. So if let's say a seeker is chasing a hider on a roof and he uses the gun he shoots a portal at top and then shoots at the ground and kills hider, he then can go back up to roof easily and kill other hiders. But this gun can be used by hiders and seekers. If gun is dropped same rule, both can be picked up by both teams.

#4 For some reason when ever I edit my teleport edits they are hard for it to show up on the server... I think the aligning in the mod is different to 2k3? I'm very use to 2k3 editing. Also you can adjust the height of the teles? Like where it shows or gets tele'ed to...?

#5 Why is there only 1 mapcycle file? I know I mention 2k3 a lot but they have a different mapcycle for each game type. Very useful! I set a H&S mapcycle and also a CTF and can easily swap between them on the server. They use "h&s.mapcycle.cfg" and "ctf.mapcycle.cfg" etc...

#6 why doesnt "!g H&S" ever work lol o.O is it a different command to change game type? I usually use rcon.

#7 Fall damage on? Maybe we should make it realistic? Whenever you fall off a high building you loose HP. So you have to be careful when jumping off. Now then hiders have to be smart and always on the lookout! This also will affect seekers! Maybe a HP regeneration after 30 seconds??

I know that these suggestions have be been posted on various forums including this forum and old Xtreme Proboards forum (suggested for 2k3).

Opinions :) ?

Thanks.

#1 lol.

#2 i said it to boe(check in bug tracker)

#3 seekers have allredy F1 for teleport why use gun?

#4 no commad :)

#5 you can make mapcycle.

#6 what it matter?

#7 huh?

#8 Owned you :)
Posted Image

#3 ShineX

ShineX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostPoOoCe, on 12 January 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

#1 lol.

#2 i said it to boe(check in bug tracker)

#3 seekers have allredy F1 for teleport why use gun?

#4 no commad :)

#5 you can make mapcycle.

#6 what it matter?

#7 huh?

#8 Owned you :)
Can you actually provide valid feedback instead of wasting my time reading ^^

Most of what you said doesn't even make sense lol

Edited by ShineX, 12 January 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#4 l00natic.

l00natic.

1fx. Member / BETA Tester

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Im actually lolling on poooc his reply  :lol:

Posted Image

#5 Stoppbiel

Stoppbiel

GOD

• Moderators
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationSuriname

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

#1 Nice idea.

#2 It's a nice idea and suggested before, but I don't think it will get added.

#3 Yea, but then it would only work if the higher ground has a wall or something to shoot on if I understand it right.

#6 Should work, if not post in Bug Tracker with screenshot.

#7 Put dmflags on. Same result.

#6 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostPoOoCe, on 12 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

#8 owned :P

What the fuck,  how the fuck you can own him? if he only posted suggestion? what part of the "suggesting" you dont understand?
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#7 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

First of all, thanks for your positive experience and taking the time to reply to this!

Speed Platform
#1 The Speed Platform is an area on the ground which increases speed of whoever runs over it. Just like the boost things in the Mario Kart games, this will boost seekers and hiders. Running over this boost will speed you up twice as fast as you were running - you can enter it from any direction and you will be sped up to any direction - you walk it, you choose it. However using the Speed Boost will take away 5 hp everytime you cross it. This goes for hiders aswell as for seekers.

I'm not sure what to picture when thinking about this.. Could you post some images of what you mean?

New noRoof CVAR

We haven't added noroof yet. No-one actually used this but it's been suggested before and this suggestion has been accepted. I'll update it's priority and see if I can add it in the following days.

As for your true suggestion, it looks a lot like the suggestion we got once for a new auto nolower system in mp_kam2 which we actually included with the Mod. Check this topic for more info: http://1fx.uk.to/for...to-close-lower/

Portal Gun

Very fun idea. We should bundle all these suggestions together in a topic and add them once the Mod is finished. And of course, give them a field test somewhere.

We need concrete examples where the entities get bugged. From what we've seen so far is that 2k3 is compatible with a lot of non-strict standards. E.g., using BSP2Ent would create messed up doors on spots on 2k3 Mod (whilst it's a default entity file..) and shows up fine on 1fx. servers. The 2k3 server owners make changes to the origins of the doors and such, and thus they show a difference in their position when porting the entity file to 1fx. Mod. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to fix this without messing up these strict standards. I'm actually fond of using them so editing cross-Mod doesn't mess up each and every entity.

I'm sure you understand my point.

You can port those mapcycle files to 1fx. Mod and use them. To be honest, we haven't spent a lot of time creating an 'easy to use' package for the average user. Hence this 0.59 release isn't what we had in mind for the actual 0.60 release (which should be that user friendly).

Probably a mistake in your .ARENA file. I think I'm going to create a CVAR to force using strict .ARENA file support or not. On one hand, strict .ARENA file checking can have loads of benefits due to the Admin not being able to load a bugged map so no-one can join etc. In H&S it's more of an annoyance, so yeah. I'll probably include this.

dmflags 0? I think it's a bit useless coding something separate for this.

Awesome. Thanks for your feedback!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#8 ShineX

ShineX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

No worries :)

Couldn't really quote your post BoeMan so...yeah...

#1 Google: Mario kart speed boost

PERFECT EXAMPLE!! http://t5ak.roblox.c...269d958ba1c6de6

Other examples:
http://images.wikia....iCircuit-1-.jpg
http://www.superchea...ii/map7tip1.jpg
http://medialib.comp...shot_184128.jpg

#2 I see, I see. Well considering there will be minigames being played with 1fx or just normal H&S maps, I personally think that it's a MUST add. But I read you've placed it higher on your list :)

#3 Awesome. Would you by any chance know when the actual completed H&S Mod will be released? Just an estimate.

#4 Don't quite understand really...but I kinda get what you mean.

#5 Ah yes, that makes sense!

#6 Yes, as Shoke said above, I tested it a bit more and realised that it was due to the .ARENA file not set as H&S.

#7 Oh alrighty

:)

#9 taurine

taurine

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostShineX, on 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can you actually provide valid feedback instead of wasting my time reading ^^

Most of what you said doesn't even make sense lol

View Postl00natic., on 12 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you both!!!

View PostStoppbiel, on 07 October 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

You couldn't pick a better section for this shit.. Cause this is actually indeed going in the archives.. If we had a Trashcan that 'd be the place.

#10 Stallion

Stallion

1fx. Member

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

View Postl00natic., on 12 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

its a race those 2 r doing.
Who ll make the most posts of suggestions.
They all day thinking how to improve those mods from the best to worst!!!
Posted Image

#11 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostShineX, on 20 January 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Fun, but would be difficult to include without client additions.

#2 I see, I see. Well considering there will be minigames being played with 1fx or just normal H&S maps, I personally think that it's a MUST add. But I read you've placed it higher on your list :)

It's currently being developed in a branch of the latest development revision. I'm not sure when it'll be finished (and makes its way into the core repository).

#3 Awesome. Would you by any chance know when the actual completed H&S Mod will be released? Just an estimate.

Depends how many server owners are going to use this and actively report bugs. I hardly play Hide&Seek so I'm not able to find all missing things/bugs myself.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#12 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

New noRoof CVAR

I remembered this topic when I worked out noroof today. I figured a real-time update for the player count would be best, which our noroof does right now.

I'll try to explain how I included noroof.

The entity a server owner includes checks for a number of things, and would generally look like this:

{
"classname" "noroof"
"origin" "0 15 650"
"team" "red"
}

I checked this with 2k3 and the origin seems to do more than it does with nolower. For the sake of compatibility, I made it the same. The origin can be used for the following things:
  • 1st argument: The number of players that must be in team red + team blue (so together) for roof to open. If the player count falls below this value at any time, roof will immediately close.
  • 2nd argument: The seconds a player is given to leave roof.
  • 3rd argument: The height origin (same as nolower, but instead of a player needing to be lower then the value, he must be higher).

The "team" entry can be used to define the team the noroof is effective for. The code will first check full team names: red, blue or all. Additionally, it will check for r, b or a. If nothing is defined here (or something else than those given values), it will default to all teams.

It will look like something like this to the player:

Screenshot - 06032012 - 06:53:07 PM.png

Now, my question is, did I forget anything about this entity the way it is now? And how should I handle the check for teams like ShineX described? It will check for the total amount of players now, should this change when someone defines a team or something?

Feedback would be appreciated!
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#13 Cortez

Cortez

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationHOLLAND

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I had to laugh about the random tip.

BECAUSE FUCK YOU. THAT'S WHY.

#14 l00natic.

l00natic.

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • LocationEGYPT

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostCortez, on 03 June 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I had to laugh about the random tip.

Posted Image

#15 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, but I'd like some feedback about the following:

Now, my question is, did I forget anything about this entity the way it is now? And how should I handle the check for teams like ShineX described? It will check for the total amount of players now, should this change when someone defines a team or something?

What are your thoughts about this?
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#16 Shoke

Shoke

1fx. Douchebag

• 1fx. Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationHenkie is my hero

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I think it's fine.. also boe i loved your penguin pic more than this one put it back :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostBlackwyn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fu boe tell me the way! I've got every file! I just need to fuck the VM protection!

EDIT: Anyway, let's celebrate the failure of the 2k3 Mod and its security!

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

decompile it :) use debug or create fake mod lol...

View PostPoOoCe, on 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Lets see.. i know what debug is, it was a joke ffs.. de - bug, 2k3 mod have bugs... and decompile were bullshit :).
btw you need 2k3 mod for publish it in web lol...

View Postg4stt, on 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

dont talk 2 me like i dont know about sof i now 2 mutch and Rap!st yes i can hack but i dont do it :)) why i would do it  if they want they can call the police and report me i dont use a proxy or vpn ;) You can Hack 2 is you want

#17 ShineX

ShineX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 03 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Feedback would be appreciated!
What you've done sounds good, but, essentially, you only want the amount of players to be counted on 'blue/seeker' side. So change it so that the 1st argument of 'origin' is how many the seekers there must be for the code to be activated. Also, I think the 'team' code is a bit useless? Considering its for blue only? Also, is this code able to be placed in a map more then once? So I can make buildings have different limits, so let's take mp_shop. First building would be open if 2 seeker? Next highest would be for 3 etc etc.

Oh, btw have you made it so that this 'Noroof' is decided once the seekers are released? So if there's 1 seeker, and someone is boosted, and seekers just got released, it should show the msg to get down or you get popped etc?

P.S. I don't play sof anymore, haven't played for like 3 months. But I'll continue to give feedback from this post or help if needed.

#18 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostShineX, on 04 June 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

What you've done sounds good, but, essentially, you only want the amount of players to be counted on 'blue/seeker' side. So change it so that the 1st argument of 'origin' is how many the seekers there must be for the code to be activated. Also, I think the 'team' code is a bit useless? Considering its for blue only? Also, is this code able to be placed in a map more then once? So I can make buildings have different limits, so let's take mp_shop. First building would be open if 2 seeker? Next highest would be for 3 etc etc.

Oh, btw have you made it so that this 'Noroof' is decided once the seekers are released? So if there's 1 seeker, and someone is boosted, and seekers just got released, it should show the msg to get down or you get popped etc?

P.S. I don't play sof anymore, haven't played for like 3 months. But I'll continue to give feedback from this post or help if needed.

The noroof as a whole should be available to two teams. I checked this with 2k3 and it works like I included it, but that won't work well with your suggestion.

I don't know if there's another option to solve this, if I include my previous idea about this (as described in my previous post), an entity would look like this:

{
"classname" "noroof" 
"origin" "4 15 650" 
"team" "blue" 
}

This would mean that when there are less then four seekers, the roof will close. Since "blue" has been defined to be the team, this will only be effective for seekers, and I think you'll want it to be hiders.

So, to sum this up, this wouldn't work the way I suggested. Should the "team" entry be used the way I included it? Or should it be merely be included to check the amount of players on team x? I hope I make any sense here.

As for your second question, at the moment only one noroof entity is allowed. Should this be more? For example, a maximum of three. I would have no problems with that.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out here.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

#19 ShineX

ShineX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostBoeMan, on 04 June 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

So, to sum this up, this wouldn't work the way I suggested. Should the "team" entry be used the way I included it?
Well I dont quite understand you with this. But, I now see why you included the "team" entry. It's because so you are determining what team side will be the side that must have a certain amount of players for the roof to open?

View PostBoeMan, on 04 June 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Or should it be merely be included to check the amount of players on team x? I hope I make any sense here.
By doing this wouldn't it make it so that it's only for seekers that determine the amount of players (x) before the roof is open? With the "team" entry - it will work with all gametypes?

Is it possible to make it in a .ent file to have comments? Just like in PHP with the "//" symbols? That way people can leave comments to remind themselves important codes, for example with the "origin":
{
"classname" "noroof" 
"origin" "4 15 650" // First origin: determines how many players needed for the roof to open... etc
"team" "blue" 
}

And yes, I think allowing it to have three in a map would be great!

P.S. Sorry for the late reply was busy.

#20 BoeMan

BoeMan

Developer

• Administrators
  • 4023 posts
  • LocationFryslân

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

I originally included the "team" entry so server owners could define for what team roof should be closed. However, I don't think that will be used and I think the way you describe it would work best.

E.g., if you have an entity like this:

{ 
"classname" "noroof"  
"origin" "4 15 650"
"team" "blue"  
}

It would check for four players. If there are four players or more, doesn't matter on which team, the roof would be opened. Since "team" is blue, the noroof height limit would only apply to seekers. I don't think people are going to use it like that, the way you describe makes much more sense: when there are less then four seekers, roof will close for everyone, not just seekers. The "4" applies to the team defined. I'll change that.

And yes, noroof will work for all gametypes, it's not just Hide&Seek specific.

Once noroof has passed a few test rounds and it's proven successful, I'll allow up to three entities. For now, it's best to keep it at one.

Is it possible to make it in a .ent file to have comments? Just like in PHP with the "//" symbols? That way people can leave comments to remind themselves important codes, for example with the "origin":

It's possible, but I won't include it before beta1. I can, however, include that before the final release of 0.60. I'll add it on my todo.

Once again, thanks for your input. It's highly appreciated so I can resume my work on noroof.
Kind regards,

BoeMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users