• 0 - None Assigned

• Open Issue

• -

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

First Zombie jumps forward and telefrag himself 9/10

Posted by Stoppbiel on 13 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

The first zombie of the map who gets the 'you turn into zombie 5sec message'. Well, he will transform from human to zombie. But he will jump forward and 9/10 telefrag himself. This sucks. It just doesn't work how it should. If you turn into a zombie you want to stay close to a group of hiders to infect them. Instead you have to move away from them so you don't get telefragged. Just make it so that the player doesn't jump forward. Sucks big time

The zombies that get infected after the first one can have a jump or so.

This is a protection against humans, the normal "telefrag" system works in such a way that, logically, the hider will get killed because he is in the way of the zombie spawning. To protect the humans (zombies respawn after all), I inverted this in H&Z. That means the invading zombie will always get killed instead.

Though I agree, an alternative method of transforming would probably be better. What do you suggest?

Jump up instead of forward?

I just checked this out and it will still behave the same. When the zombie kills the human it will automatically be in the way of the spawning zombie: if you kill someone you usually run straight to him, resulting to be in the very spot the new zombie will spawn.

Other ideas? Tbh, I'm kind of running out of viable ideas.

BoeMan, on 29 October 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

I just checked this out and it will still behave the same. When the zombie kills the human it will automatically be in the way of the spawning zombie: if you kill someone you usually run straight to him, resulting to be in the very spot the new zombie will spawn.

Other ideas? Tbh, I'm kind of running out of viable ideas.

Before turning into a hider a very short stage where you are a model. I based this on the /henkcopter cmd where you become a flyfighter. Instead of an airplane, a body bag or something. There is this cool model that could work for it. If this wouldn't be possible. The sound that plays on it own, is enough. And no such leap in any direction.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users