• Open Issue

• -

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Autodownload feature

Posted by hansvanwillekom on 29 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hello,

It would be really nice if the autodownload feature will work perfectly. We tested it today and found out some left issues.
First of all, it is really annoying that you can't see what you are downloading:
Posted Image

People will be much more patient when they see what they are downloading.
The second point is that when someone has cl_allowdownload 1, the autodownloader also wants to download a map when the regular maps like mp_shop and inf are on. This should be excluded.

Third point is that when the autodownloader finishes the download, it starts downloading the same thing again (so the download never ends!!!)

Could you please get this working so we can test it out perfectly?

Most of the issues you describe are simply a shortcoming of the regular downloader present in all versions of SoF2. This is why we introduced the 1fx. HTTP Downloader in Gold. This downloader is not available in the v1.00 version of our Mod.

Not being able to see the text properly (text goes offscreen) is a bug in RPM. What client do you use? Afaik this is both bugged on RPM2k3 and 1fx. AC.

Is it possible to add the http downloader on 1.00? I use rpm 2.0 so thats the problem then.

Edited by hansvanwillekom, 29 December 2016 - 10:54 PM.

I could, but it must be added directly in the client files. RPM 2.0, RPMPro etc. are all closed source. It means that if you enforce client additions on servers everyone is *required* to play with 1fx. Client.

This scenario is so unlikely to happen that we never bothered on v1.00.

Add the fact that cl_allowDownload defaults to 0 and there is no menu setting like in Gold. I doubt any egy would still play in the server.

The second point is that when someone has cl_allowdownload 1, the autodownloader also wants to download a map when the regular maps like mp_shop and inf are on. This should be excluded.

I think this is a good idea

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users