• 0 - None Assigned

• Open Issue

• -

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

run time error fx mod 8.0

Posted by sof2noname on 21 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

I have been running your mod 8.0 for about 4 week .After 5 or so days i get run time error this has happend 3 or 4 times allready. Unknow run time error.I also run a roc mod server on same machine and have no problem with it only fx mod

Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

sof2noname, on 21 June 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

I have been running your mod 8.0 for about 4 week .After 5 or so days i get run time error this has happend 3 or 4 times allready. Unknow run time error.I also run a roc mod server on same machine and have no problem with it only fx mod
Sorry have no screen shot at the moment when it happens again will make one and post it.
Another prob when you come out of spec sometimes you are invisible and only have cross hair and you can not move have to restart the game to play will also make screen shot next time it happens and post it

sof2noname, on 26 June 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Sorry have no screen shot at the moment when it happens again will make one and post it.
Another prob when you come out of spec sometimes you are invisible and only have cross hair and you can not move have to restart the game to play will also make screen shot next time it happens and post it
It just shut down so hear is a screen shot
Capture.PNG

That's pretty weird, since 1fx. Mod is not built with Visual Studio (and doesn't depend on the VC++ runtime), it's likely the engine crashing (and probably still related to something in the mod).

Try running the latest nightly: http://1fxmod.org/download/nightly/

The nightlies should produce proper crashdumps when the server crashes. With that info I can determine what's wrong. Replace the dll with the one from the v1.03/win32 directory.

If the latest nightly is stable, it was likely a bug that's already been fixed in 0.81. In that case, the upcoming 0.81 release should work fine for you.

P.S. is your .exe patched? You need a clean executable in order for 1fx. Mod to work properly. If unsure, download a clean .exe here: http://1fxmod.org/cl...1.03/SoF2MP.exe

BoeMan, on 27 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

P.S. is your .exe patched? You need a clean executable in order for 1fx. Mod to work properly. If unsure, download a clean .exe here: http://1fxmod.org/cl...1.03/SoF2MP.exe
running 1.00 silver server with fx mod 8.0 not 1.03 yes the exe is patched
and i also run a 1.03 server but use roc mod because i get a lot of lag on the fx mod sorry maybe if lag is fixed will try it again on gold ?

Edited by sof2noname, 28 June 2017 - 10:23 AM.

Where exactly do you get the lag? The performance should be quite similar. I could help you troubleshoot if you want.

You do need that clean exe however, or patches won't apply correctly, maybe also resulting in the lag. A clean .exe is a requirement to running SoF2 w/ 1fx. Mod. Try it if you have some time, see if it makes a difference.

BoeMan, on 30 June 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

Where exactly do you get the lag? The performance should be quite similar. I could help you troubleshoot if you want.

You do need that clean exe however, or patches won't apply correctly, maybe also resulting in the lag. A clean .exe is a requirement to running SoF2 w/ 1fx. Mod. Try it if you have some time, see if it makes a difference.
get lag from bots also from messages sometimes .This happens on 1.00 and 1.03.think its a bot problem
server shut down a few times same run time error .
iam running the latest nightly and clean exe
:D

Was anything logged to the crashdumps directory?

You can find that directory in the 1fx/logs directory. If you see files there, please post the contents here!

BoeMan, on 30 July 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

Was anything logged to the crashdumps directory?

You can find that directory in the 1fx/logs directory. If you see files there, please post the contents here!
there was nothing logged sorry the server just stops.

Weird issue..

What OS are you running? Windows 7? Try running cmd.exe as Administrator and running the following command:

sfc /scannow

To ensure no system files are broken.

1fx. Mod should run fine on all Windows OSes, except the server ones that might need a manual fix. But that obviously doesn't apply on you..

BoeMan, on 02 August 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Weird issue..

What OS are you running? Windows 7? Try running cmd.exe as Administrator and running the following command:

sfc /scannow

To ensure no system files are broken.

1fx. Mod should run fine on all Windows OSes, except the server ones that might need a manual fix. But that obviously doesn't apply on you..
Just ran sfc /scannow 100% no problem .Running win 7 . Will just restart server ever time it stops LOL .Going to make some more wnt bot routes now for custom maps .Thanks for the help
:)

BoeMan, on 30 June 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

You do need that clean exe however, or patches won't apply correctly, maybe also resulting in the lag. A clean .exe is a requirement to running SoF2 w/ 1fx. Mod.

As we can see, this user wasn't aware that his executable should not be manually patched. Perhaps, like i already mentioned to you once, checking the memory if the patch is already in place and if it's 1fx mod could exit with an error, warning the users, that the executable is patched, and they need to run 1fx mod with the clean one.

Or the second solution would be 1fx mod skipping auto-patching when the patch is already in place (That's what i did)

People seem to keep forgetting that 1fxmod implemented a patch and no manual patching from the user is required anymore, especially those who don't really follow the changelogs and just know the old way of running a server.

Shoke, on 09 August 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

As we can see, this user wasn't aware that his executable should not be manually patched. Perhaps, like i already mentioned to you once, checking the memory if the patch is already in place and if it's 1fx mod could exit with an error, warning the users, that the executable is patched, and they need to run 1fx mod with the clean one.

Or the second solution would be 1fx mod skipping auto-patching when the patch is already in place (That's what i did)

People seem to keep forgetting that 1fxmod implemented a patch and no manual patching from the user is required anymore, especially those who don't really follow the changelogs and just know the old way of running a server.
it was not  manually patched ??? i did a clean install 2 times .turned computer off .on a new ssd with windows .I installed game with the latest nightly and clean exe  patch witch i downloaded from hear. Have never had warnings it just shuts down no crash reports.You can say it is my fault that is up to you !!!!
I have run the mod with patch and with out the patch  on clean install and had the same error ??
I only get this error with this mod 1.0 my other mod 1.3  rocmod has no problem both running on same machine

I THINK THAT THIS IS THE END OF THIS POST!!!!!!

THIS USER JUST CAME HEAR TO REPORT A BUG ????? AND GETS TOLD IT IS HES FAULT HE GET RUNTIME ERROR. DONT THINK SO
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR MOD
:(  :(

Edited by sof2noname, 10 August 2017 - 11:00 AM.

His reply was directed to me sof2noname, not you. :) No need to feel insulted.

It's not completely weird that you get this error with 1fx. Mod and not with ROCmod, since 1fx. Mod is distributed as a DLL and ROCmod as QVM. I would like to fix this issue, since it may happen on other people their systems too.

If you're willing to co-operate, can you download the Dependency Walker tool: http://www.dependenc...pends22_x86.zip

.. and open 1fx/sof2mp_gamex86.dll with that tool? And give me a screenshot of the output.

That'd be much appreciated!

BoeMan, on 10 August 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

His reply was directed to me sof2noname, not you. :) No need to feel insulted.

It's not completely weird that you get this error with 1fx. Mod and not with ROCmod, since 1fx. Mod is distributed as a DLL and ROCmod as QVM. I would like to fix this issue, since it may happen on other people their systems too.

If you're willing to co-operate, can you download the Dependency Walker tool: http://www.dependenc...pends22_x86.zip

.. and open 1fx/sof2mp_gamex86.dll with that tool? And give me a screenshot of the output.

That'd be much appreciated!
Hope this is what you want.This was taken after the server crashed today
dil.PNG

Edited by sof2noname, 17 August 2017 - 05:49 PM.

This might be completely off-topic but we get a run time error every time we forget our logs are getting to big (e.g 700k mb). It seems to only occur with us when we forget to clean our logs. It first starts by making the server lag and eventually gives a run time error.

I think it you are right its got some thing to do with log file .If i dont clear it i get runtime error .So now i clear it every week then i have no problem  lol if i dont forget.

Very interesting, I'll look into this. Thanks both for posting the solution.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users